Q. How can one get HIV or STD?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I am worried about a case that happened just a few days ago. I had asked for a massage service. She washed my body and did a soft hand job for me using lotion and soap. Then, later on, during the massage, I was wearing my underwear, and she was fully naked. I have actually sucked her chest and nipple heavily, but I did not notice if she actually had breastfeeding milk. I asked her about her actual job as she is a sex worker and has seen two customers before me on the same day. Also, I had noticed that she had like healed skin rash on her right shoulder; when I asked, she said it was not an allergy, but has had this since she was born.

1) Can you please advise if such experience may transmit HIV?

2) Does a hand job considered a risk or safe sex practice?

3) Can I get infected with STD through hand job? It lasted for less than 2 to 3 minutes, and I asked her to stop.

4) Apparently, she is not married, and not sure if she is actually lactating, and I did not taste anything. Is it possible that nipple or licking her chest may transmit any STD? In particular, HIV?

5) I have a regular partner that I have been trying to avoid for a week since this happened, and not sure if I can get my regular sex life again. Is it safe to resume my regular sex life with my partner?

6) Does HIV or STI usually transmit through a micro crack or damaged skin?

I started to feel headaches and night sweating 20 days after this incident, and I feel my lymph node has swelling and not feeling well.

I am very concerned, and I wish this never happened. I cannot get it over.

Please help.

#

Let me answer your queries one by one.

1. If there is any breast milk secretion then you are at risk.

2. No, hand job does not put you on risk of a sexually transmitted disease (STD).

3. There are a lot of STDs which can be transmitted through hand jobs. For example, wart, molluscum contagiosum.

4. If there is no secretion then you are not at risk.

5. I would suggest you to refrain from resuming sex life with your partner till your tests are negative.

6. Yes, HIV or STI can be transmitted from any secretion through cracks.

7. You need to get testing at 4 weeks and 12 weeks in order to be confirmed about your negative status.

I hope it helps.

Do revert back if you have any further queries.

Thank you so much for your fast reply, and may I get more clarification on this? So the only concern here is if she was actually having any breast milk secretion, but I have not tasted as far as I remember, and if she was not pregnant, will this change the assessment?

Regarding the hand job part, does it actually transmit HIV or not?

One last thing, please let me know from the experience which one was at most high risk?

#

1. If she was not pregnant there is very low chances of any secretion through her breast, which will make your chances of acquiring HIV extremely low.

2. No, handjob does not pose any risk.

3. Sucking breast was the most risky part because if there is any secretion then you are taking that secretion inside your mouth and the contact period with HIV virus increases drastically with such exposure.

I hope it helps.

In case of any further questions do revert back.

|