Q. Please let me know my HIV status based on the test reports.

What do this reports indicate? After one-year exposure, following tests were taken HIV 1 and 2, western blot, which was negative. HIV-1 RNA PCR qualitative- non-detectable. Please let me know whether I am positive or negative for HIV.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
MBBS ., DVD., MD COMMUNITY MEDICINE
Community Medicine, Dermatology, HIV/AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine, Venereology

I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a confirmatory test. It is done after one year of exposure. You are free from HIV. You can allay fears of HIV from that exposure. Forget about the incident and lead a normal and safe life. You can get back for any clarification.

Thank you for the reply. But my HIV 1 PCR RNA report shows not detectable instead of not detected. Does it make any difference? Please tell me what my HIV 1 PCR RNA report indicates. Whether positive or negative? Do I need to repeat the test?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
MBBS ., DVD., MD COMMUNITY MEDICINE

Thank you for the follow-up query. Both mean the same. HIV virus genetic components are not detectable. You are free from HIV. So, allay fears of HIV. There is no need to repeat the test.

Query: Hi doctor,I had sex with massage girl a month back with a condom. But I am not sure about condom break. I had HIV1 RNA test 21 days late. It came negative. So do I need to take another test or can it be concluded that I do not have HIV?  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you need to go for fourth generation ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay). For more information consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old man. I had gay encounters with three men in a massage parlor on three different days. In all the three cases, we have used condoms. In my second and third encounter, I got a lot of blood and that too very dark colored blood and something else also came. I had a w...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that the transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) requires the mixing of body fluids. The use of condom effectively prevents such mixing. I understand that there was bleed...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I took OraQuick Advance Rapid HIV 1/2 antibody test today at a nearby clinic after waiting the window period for exposure of more than 90 days. I was told that the result was negative. My concern may be very paranoid and unnecessary; however, I am more curious than anything. I wanted to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sushma Shah
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are not paranoid, but genius. Yes, anything in the blood may change the results, and that is why we advise sterile things. But, test results if positive never shows negative. HIV virus persists till it is in any wet medium. If blood dried, then no HIV virus persist....  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding a 21 year old male having no health complications in the past who suddenly fainted after a party. We took him to our GP for the check up. The GP found nothing wrong and advised rest. However, we went to the lab on our own and carried out CBC. WBC count was high...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis in your case is lymphocytosis. The underlying cause for the lymphocytosis should be searched for. For that, a detailed physical examination should be done and liver, spleen and lymph nodes should be palpated. Infectious mononucleosis, viral influenza, h...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,I have had unprotected oral sex for three minutes and she was not bleeding at the time from what I know. I got tested for proviral DNA PCR qualitative test at 10 days negative and duo test at 13 days negative. Should I go for more testing or consider it conclusive?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you need further testing at four and 12 weeks. Regards. For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, One and a half years ago, I had unprotected oral sex. Two weeks later I tested positive for HSV-2. I started having sores in my anus. I was prescribed Acyclovir. But, unfortunately, it did not work for me. Four months ago, I had what I believed was ARS with chills, rashes, nausea, and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can go for PCR (polymerase chain reaction) analysis of HIV-1 RNA quantitative analysis. Psoriatic arthritis is not an autoimmune disorder like HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. It is T-lymphocytes mediated. So, there will be no interactions with the ELI...  Read Full »

Can Ovral G be used as an emergency contraceptive pill?
Cold and Flu - Causes | Symptoms | Diagnosis | Treatments
I-Pill - When to Take and Its Side Effects

Also Read Answers From

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist »