Homemade Mashed Food

Does breastfeeding alone is enough for my 10-month-old baby at night?

Query: Hi doctor, Our baby girl is 10 months old, and so far, we have been only breastfeeding her along with semi-solid food. Sometimes, mother's milk is not enough, and we do not know any alternative food to give at night. Yesterday night also she was hungry and crying, we got confused and eventually gave...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, biscuits have to be avoided as rightly mentioned. Formula milk can be given, but only when other homemade stuff is not available readily. There is no such thing as addiction to formula milk. You can continue breastfeeding up to two to three years. There is no need to...  Read Full »

Please suggest some dietary options for a 6-month-old baby.

Query: Hi doctor, Our baby is six months old. We have been only breastfeeding her and giving finger millet as a paste. What more should we give? We are confused and want to stay with natural food as much as possible. Kindly advise about the food that can be given. In the case of rice, should we boil and g...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As your baby has completed six months, you should start complementary feeds. Complementary feeds should be a balanced diet means it should have all the essential nutrients that are, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. Feeds ...  Read Full »

What food to give a 6 months old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 6 months old. I am a working mother and joining office soon. As a new mom, I am not sure about a healthy food and diet plan to be given to my baby at and after 6 months. Can you advise what all food can be given to a baby initially? Currently, she is having formula milk.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weaning with homemade mashed food should be started after 6 months of age. You can give the child mashed potatoes and other kinds of mashed fruits for at least four times a day along with mashed biscuits or other mashed snacks twice a day and breast milk. Please note t...  Read Full »

Is there any alternate for dairy milk for my 7-month-old kid?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl entered seventh month a few days back. Doctor here suggested to feeding my baby with Medolac apple flavor two times a day and dairy milk. We started the same for 10 days, and the baby did not have any allergy or problems. But still, I have a doubt. Is dairy milk good for my...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have asked an appropriate question related to weaning your baby girl. Her growth (height and weight) looks good. You may know that it is a usual practice to start weaning the baby after he/she completes six months of age. There are several ways of doing it. Firs...  Read Full »

My platelet count is decreasing, but dengue and malaria are negative. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a high-grade fever for the past six days. I checked for Widal test which was positive initially. My platelet counts were at 2.2 lakhs and now it is on a decreasing trend at 1.4 now. Also, the leucocyte count went from 7700 to 2400. Dengue and malaria test are negative...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can continue the same treatment. If the temperature does not come down in one or two days, we will go for further tests. Do not worry about platelets. It may go down in other diseases also. Since you are in the hospital, they will be checking your CBC (complete ...  Read Full »