Q. Will prolonged use of hormonal contraceptive pills affect fertility in females?

Dr. Monica Mathur

I want to check my fertility capacity. What test should I take? I am a 28-year-old female, sexually active, with no symptoms. I am using pills for 2.5 years (Yaz), and I have regular periods (one-week delay sometimes) even before using pills. I just got engaged, and before we proceed with the wedding, I want to make sure that I will have no problem producing a baby. Please advise.

#

The fertility of the female depends upon many factors for fertilization. The fertility of the male and the female is important. As far as you are concerned I would like to inform you that. If you have regular cycles of 28 to 35 days duration with the flow of three to five days, your cycles are ovulatory. You should get a complete blood count and serum TSH done to rule out these two possibilities because even anemia can lead to problems during your pregnancy.

Your height is 4 feet 11 inches. You may get some problems during your delivery because such height has a small gynaecoid or android pelvis, which may sometimes create problems during delivery. Please get a urine examination routine and an ultrasound of your pelvis to rule out an ovarian cyst like PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).

Do I need the doctor's recommendation to take the exam?

#

I do not know the system in your place. But I would suggest you to show the answer and take the tests.

|