Q. I am getting scared for everything after my delivery. Kindly advice.

Dr. K V Anand
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 19, 2019

I am 27 years old, and I have 1.6 months old baby. After my delivery, I am getting scared for everything. If something bad had happened to anyone, I am scared to talk with that people am thinking that it will happen to me also. If I love to buy any product while taking am thinking that if I take some bad will happen to me like that I am thinking.

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Please do not worry. After delivery, for any woman, it is common to have a hormonal imbalance which could cause anxiety and depression symptoms. More over, the trauma associated with the childbirth also could trigger anxiety and depression. But both of the anxiety and depression conditions are normal and they are for a short time. Your symptoms should clear within three months.

Is it advisable to go for copper-T for hormonal imbalance and menstrual disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister was experiencing irregular periods and sometimes bleeding was heavy during the menstrual period. We consulted a gynecologist. She suggested taking pelvis scan where they observed that endometrium line became thick. They informed that it was due to hormonal imbalance. Later w...  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article