Hormonal Intrauterine Device

I am having periods in my mid-fifties, and my USG findings are normal. Why is it so?

Query: Hi doctor,I am in my mid-fifties and I have a query regarding menopause.I am still having my periods. For this, I had consulted a doctor around two years back. She had suggested DNC because at that time I was having heavy flow but, it did not help much. After that, she had advised Mirena and I got t...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Thank you for the query.The mean age of menopause is 51 years, so periods at the age of mid-fifties are less common.The tablet Progesterone is generally safe but side-effects like mood changes, breast tenderness, breakthrough bleeding in the initial years of menopause are s...  Read Full »

Please tell me the pros and cons of switching from combination OCP to a hormonal IUD.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 21-year-old female. I am suffering from depression, and I am taking combination OCP for six years now. I am sexually active with one long-term partner but not interested in getting pregnant any time soon. Before starting OCPs at the age of 15, I had hefty flow and severe cramps, neg...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern and will surely help you. 1) Estrogen in your OCP (oral contraceptive pills) may leave some side effects for few days. Something similar when you started your OCP long back, but it will slowly fade away. It will not adversely affect your ro...  Read Full »