Q. How to reduce weight and belly fat due to PCOS?

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

How to lose weight? I have irregular periods with PCOS for three to four years. And I gain too much weight in the last two years also belly fat. Please help.

#

It is difficult to lose weight with PCOD (poltcystic ovary disease). But you are very young. With lifestyle modification, it is definitely possible for you to achieve weight loss. First of all, avoid all kinds of junk foods, processed foods, bakery, fried foods, rich sweets, organ meats, sodas, alcohol, and tobacco. Follow the meal timings properly. No partying nor binge eating, late night snacking.

Have your breakfast by 8:30-9 AM, lunch-1:30-2 PM, and dinner-8:30-9 PM. Intermittent snacks at 11:30 AM and 4:30-5 PM. Small frequent meals are advisable with light intermittent snacks like buttermilk, any one fruit, unsalted nuts around four to five can be eaten.

Chicken two to three pieces, fish two to three pieces can be eaten. No fried chickens. Only egg white can be taken daily. Whole egg weekly twice can be eaten. Strictly avoid organ meats.

Everyday brisk walking for one and half hour of exercises are compulsory. Apart from this, be active the whole day. No sleeping in the afternoon. Do not sit idle for more than half an hour. Just go around your place and continue doing your work.

With the above-said lifestyle modification, you can definitely lose weight. Your periods will become normal over the period of time.

|