Q. I am 65 kg, and I want to lose weight. Please help.

Dr. Safina Mithani
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 15, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 06, 2021

My weight is 65 kg and my height is 155. I want to lose weight.

Please help.

#

As per your height, you need to lose 8 to 10 kgs. With proper diet and regular exercise, it is possible to reach your goal within 2 to 3 months, depending on your metabolism.

I will give you some dietary recommendations to lose weight.

- Avoid fried and too oily food. Keep your oil intake to 5 to 6 tsp per day.

- Avoid sugary and bakery products. You can keep your sugar intake to 2 to 3 tsp per day.

- Avoid sugar-based fruit juices. If buying packaged fruit juice, go for 100% natural fruit juice.

- Keep a gap of atleast two hours in between meals.

- Drink atleast 8 to 10 glasses of water each day.

- Start with salad and soups before starting your main course.

- Use whole wheat flour or mix grain flour for making roti or paratha. Avoid smearing oil or ghee on them after cooking.

- Take almond or walnut. Avoid cashew, pistachio, and raisins.

I hope this will be helpful to you. For a complete diet plan, kindly get back with your daily eating pattern with timings and mention whether you are vegetarian, non-vegetarian, or ova vegetarian.

|