Q. I have recently gained some weight. Please give suggestions regarding diet and exercise.

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 23, 2021

I am a 23-year-old male with a weight of 98 kilograms and a height of five feet. I have gained a weight of eighteen kilograms in this corona lockdown. I have 33 percent of fat, a bone mass of 3.2 kilograms, and a muscle mass of 64 kilograms. I gathered this information from the smart weighing scale. Last week, I walked around three kilometers for five days. I did cycling for six kilometers four days a week. I was doing my works for the rest of the time. Please suggest some measures to reduce my weight. Please suggest regarding my diet and exercise.

#

You seem to be overweight of twenty kilograms according to your height. You can try to increase your exercise gradually. As you are young, you can lose weight faster. YOu can go walking in the evening for 45 minutes to one hour daily apart from your morning schedule. Regarding diet, do not have any kind of junk foods at home. Avoid taking junk foods, processed foods, bakery products, sodas, sweets, alcohol, and fried snacks. Have your food three times a day with a light healthy snack in the evening.

You can take two to three cups of coffee or tea daily. Avoid having organ meats for the time being. You can take chicken or fish twice a week. You can take egg white daily and take whole egg once a week. You can take all kinds of fruits and vegetables. You can take any fruit or vegetable salad or a snack when you feel hungry. Try to have your dinner by 8 in the evening and take it lightly without any protein-rich foods like channa or any other whole pulses. You can take high protein foods in the morning. Reduce your quantity of food gradually so that you will not feel hungry and tired. Do not follow binge eating and partying. Have a follow-up with your food habits and I can change the diet accordingly.

Have a follow-up with your food habits.

|