Q. I have recently gained some weight. Please give suggestions regarding diet and exercise.

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Hello. I was always a bit overweight (78-82) kg. But in this corona Lockdown, I have gained some weight.

Age : 23 (male) Height : 5ft 7inch Weight : 98 kg Data from smart weighing scale Fat : 33% Muscle mass : 64 kg Bone mass : 3.2 kg

Since last week, I walk around 3 Km 5 days a week. And cycle 6 km 4 days a week. Rest of the time I do desk work.

I am open to any suggestion regarding diet and exercise. Thanks

# Hi,
Welcome to icliniq. You are 20kgs overweight for your height. You can try to increase your exercises gradually. Since you are very young, you can lose weight fast also. Go for evening walk for 45-1 hr daily apart from your morning schedule.
Regarding diet,
Don’t stock up any kind of junk foods at home. Totally avoid on all kinds of junk foods, processed foods, bakery products, sodas, sweets, alcohol, fried snacks etc.
Have three meals a day with a light healthy snack in the evenings.
2-3 cups of coffee or tea are allowed (120ml each) .
Avoid organ meats for time being and chicken or fish weekly twice. (Only 2-3 pieces). Egg white is allowed daily and whole egg once a week.
All kinds of fruits and vegetables are allowed. You can take any fruit or a vegetable salad as a snack whenever you feel hungry.
Have dinner by 8 in the evening and let it be light with no protein rich foods like channa or any other whole pulses.
You can eat the high protein foods in the morning hours.
Gradually reduce your quantity of food so that you will not feel very hungry and tired.
No binge eating and partying.
Get back with your food habits and I can change the diet accordingly.

| 

Kindly suggest a diet chart for a kidney transplanted patient

Query: Hi doctor, Four years before I had a kidney transplant. My weight is 79 kg and height is 164 cm. My current medication is immunosuppressant. Please explain me the diet chart.  Read Full »

I need a diet chart that includes high-fiber foods. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from fissure, PCOD, and I need to include high-fiber in my diet. I am missing out on breakfasts. I need a diet chart for seven days a week which includes high-fiber food. I need at least 14 g of fiber each day.  Read Full »

Why am I not able to lose weight even after dieting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule f...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask a Dietician Now