Q. I want to lose weight healthily and build muscles. What kind of eating regimen do I implement?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 23, 2021

I stopped taking an 800 calorie diet before three weeks. After that, I started to do HIIT and light weight lifting. I developed extreme migraines, fatigue, body pain, and energy loss. I took 25 grams of carbohydrates every day. I lost up to 8 kilograms on this regime for two months. I was in the weight of 57.5 kilograms before following it. After that, I reached a weight of 49.5 kilograms. Though I was proud to have my weight loss, I became extremely unhappy, moody, unsociable, and felt isolated. I restricted myself from binge eating and I was unable to stop consuming carbohydrates. I put back some weight again. Now I am willing to lose some weight in a healthy way. Kindly help.

#

Reduced intake of food affects your energy levels and brain function. If you change your carbohydrate ratio, then it is ncessary to change your protein and fat ratio. Your metabolism fluctuates according to this and hence you feel low. I need some details to provide a proper diet plan. Try to follow these tips to reduce weight in a healthy way. Take a high protein diet with six almonds, walnuts, and dates every day. You can take fish, green leafy vegetables, egg whites, and poultry. You need to do muscle-strengthening exercises. Increase your fluid intake. Take rest for eight to nine hours daily. You can manage your stress by doing meditation. Do breathing exercises. Take frequent meals with fewer calories. You can take a 1500 calorie diet.

|