Q. I want to lose weight healthily and build muscles. What kind of eating regimen do I implement?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
I stopped a strict 800 calorie diet with 6-7 days of HIIT and light weight lifting about 3 weeks ago. I developed extreme migraines, fatigue, body pain and energy loss as I also tried to stick to 20-25g of carbs every day. I lost about 8 kg being on this regime for two months. Being 57,5 kg and 149cm tall prior to diet I was about 49,5 after. Although I was so proud of my weight loss I became extremely unhappy, moody unsociable and felt isolated. I’ve also resorted to binge eating and cannot stop consuming carbs and unhealthy foods. I still try to weight lift and it is helping me mentally and luckily a lot of the weight I put back on (4-5kg) has gone to my glutes but my belly too which makes me super insecure. I wanna lose a little bit of the weight again but in a healthy way and still build muscle the way I enjoy through weight lifting. What kind of eating regimen do I implement to do this? And to repair my relationship with food?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Dietician Nutritionist
# Thank you for posting your query.

Reduced intake effects energy level and mainly brain function it's important to alter if you change carbohydrates ratio then you need to alter protein and fat in higher ratio things had been changed and metabolism fluctuates hence you feel low.

I still need many details for proper medical intervention so that I can provide a customized diet plan.

Till then follow this tips like

. Increase high protein diet include almonds 6 walnuts-6 dates-2/day..
,fish,green leafy vegetables,egg whites, poultry
. Do muscle strength exercises
. Increase fluid intake
. Do rest 8-9 hrs sleep
. Manage stress with meditation
. Do breathing exercises.
. Manage to follow small high calories frequent meals
. do take 1500kcal diet
. If required need to add supplement.

|