Q. I workout regularly,but not able to lose weight. Please help.

Dr. Prathap Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2019

I eat healthy, I workout, but I am not able to lose weight. I am really worried about my health. What can I do?

Dr. Prathap Kumar

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I want you to understand how metabolism plays an important role in weight gain or weight reduction. An increased metabolism will lead to more energy burning which will help you to reduce weight.

How to increase metabolism?

1. As soon as you wake up, drink a glass of warm water. This will kick start your metabolism.
  2. Have a healthy breakfast. Have maximum quantity of what you can eat as breakfast and reduce the quantity for lunch and even less for dinner.
  3. Drink at least 3 liters of water a day.
  4. Our body uses carbohydrates first for energy. Once carbohydrates are no more available, fats and then proteins are broken down to get energy. So, if you need to burn fat fast, take a little amount of carbohydrates in your food.

Regarding exercise:

1. Do exercises for at least for 4 days in a week.
  2. Remember that you need to take rest as the body needs time to repair the damage caused during exercise.

Stay healthy.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

I think the Insulin injection is not reducing my mother's sugar levels. Should we change it?

Query: Hi doctor, My 77 year old mother, who weighs 115 kg, is suffering from diabetes mellitus since last 6 to 8 years. Her fasting sugar level is 180 and postprandial is 250. She is taking Insulin from the past 3 to 4 years, Humalog 50/50 (twice a day 40 units). And her HbA1c is also high. She also takes...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to lose weight even after dieting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule f...  Read Full »

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now