Q. Kindly see my reports and suggest how to lose weight.

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.


Do you have a question on How To Lose Weight or Cholesterol? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I have a desk job, and I drive almost 3 to 4 hours, so I mostly feel tired. But, I have recently started working out and taking a protein diet. I recently got an annual check-up done, and I want you to see the attached reports, and give your opinion on them. I have been on a protein diet recently, as I am trying to lose some weight, kindly consider this before giving an opinion.

Related Questions:
Though the cholesterol is normal, is it necessary to take Ecosprin AV?
Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.
How can I lower my raised cholesterol levels?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetology, Endocrinology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I just read your query and saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • You do have a raised total cholesterol, but considering your age, I would not advise any lipid lowering drugs as of now.
  • I suggest you try doing the following.
  1. Cut down on fats, ghee, fried foods, meat, alcohol, etc. Try to incorporate more green leafy vegetables in your diet.
  2. Try to incorporate 30 minutes of cardio like walking or swimming or any sports activities.
  3. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day.
  • Follow these things and your cholesterol will drop in the next six months on its own. After six months, repeat your total lipids count and get back to me.

Hope my advice is helpful to you. All the best.

Revert after six months to a general practitioner online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner


Hello doctor,

I highly appreciate your prompt reply. Thank you so much. I also saw that some of my other readings in the report are also outside normal levels. I hope that it is not much of a concern.


Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetology, Endocrinology


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • Yes you are right, the rest of the reports can be safely ignored.
  • Avoid the protein powder, which you take for your workouts and also bodybuilding exercises. It causes raised lipid levels, and yo-yo exercising causes increased fat deposition in places where the muscles are dormant.
  • So a cardio exercise is recommended for you.

Have a great day.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

Total cholesterol 229, HDL 53 and LDL 150. Do I have heart disease?
Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I have checked my lipid profile and sugar. The results are total cholesterol 229, HDL 53, LDL 150, BP 130/90 mmHg and sugar 104. Are these results fine? Let me know whether I have any heart disease. For cholesterol I am taking Triglize. Kindly give few suggestions to lowe...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Srivastava
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total cholesterol target should be 150. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) should be below 100 and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) in range of 50 to 60. Your blood sugar is normal. Right now you do not seem to have heart condition and your slightly raised blood pressure is...  Read Full »
I am getting sudden chest and back pain for the past six months. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I have chest pain, and back pain for the past six months and feeling heavy in the mornings. Feeling like vomiting in the morning, and sometimes, sudden high pain in chest on walking.  Read Full »
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all your performed tests (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain as follows. Your total cholesterol or HDL ratio is high. This means that you should make some diet modifications in order to reduce cholesterol levels. Starting sta...  Read Full »
My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Streakiness seen in X-ray of lower lung. Could this be IPF?
Hello doctor, I am a 62-year-old male. I went for a routine X-ray, and the radiologist found some streakiness in the lo ...Read more »
How can I manage headache and depression caused due to abuse?
Hello doctor, I am very much feeling depressed due to some health issues. I am having a constant headache due to abuse. ...Read more »
Meprate 10 MG Tablet - Uses, Side Effects, Substitutes, Compositions, Dosage
Meprate is a progestin (a form of progesterone), which is used as a contraceptive pill. It inhibits ovulation by inhibit ...Read more »