Q. Kindly see my reports and suggest how to lose weight.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on May 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2021

I have a desk job, and I drive almost 3 to 4 hours, so I mostly feel tired. But, I have recently started working out and taking a protein diet. I recently got an annual check-up done, and I want you to see the attached reports, and give your opinion on them. I have been on a protein diet recently, as I am trying to lose some weight, kindly consider this before giving an opinion.

#

I just read your query and saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You do have a raised total cholesterol, but considering your age, I would not advise any lipid lowering drugs as of now.
  • I suggest you try doing the following.
  1. Cut down on fats, ghee, fried foods, meat, alcohol, etc. Try to incorporate more green leafy vegetables in your diet.
  2. Try to incorporate 30 minutes of cardio like walking or swimming or any sports activities.
  3. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day.
  • Follow these things and your cholesterol will drop in the next six months on its own. After six months, repeat your total lipids count and get back to me.

Hope my advice is helpful to you. All the best.

Revert after six months to a general practitioner online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

I highly appreciate your prompt reply. Thank you so much. I also saw that some of my other readings in the report are also outside normal levels. I hope that it is not much of a concern.

#

• Yes you are right, the rest of the reports can be safely ignored.
  • Avoid the protein powder, which you take for your workouts and also bodybuilding exercises. It causes raised lipid levels, and yo-yo exercising causes increased fat deposition in places where the muscles are dormant.
  • So a cardio exercise is recommended for you.

Have a great day.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|