Q. What are the ways to reduce weight in a breastfeeding mother?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Recently, I have given birth to a child. She is now 4 months old, due to which I have gained post pregnancy weight. Previously, I was 67 kg, 5.3 feet, but after delivery, my weight is 85. I want to reduce it. My problem is, as I have undergone C-section, I have to limit my exercise and I am breastfeeding too, due to which I feel hungry very much. So, what I should follow to reduce weight? I have joined the gym, but I am restricted to light cardio for a few days (walking and cycling). Can you suggest some good diet to reduce weight while breastfeeding too so that also help in reducing weight and also maintained my milk supply, as I am worried that cutting food can slow down my milk supply?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Dietician Nutritionist
#

It is good that you are feeding. The best thing about it is that it will help to reduce your weight with right eating pattern. Decide your meals to 6 to 7 meal pattern. Make sure you take good fruits and vegetables. Increase your water content. This will help to increase your metabolism. Early morning take a cup of green tea.

| 

But can I go for proper Lunch with pulses, wheat, etc.?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Dietician Nutritionist
#

Yes, you can make sure you eat a lot of vegetables and take care of protein.

| 

Can I lose weight by eating only eggs for breakfast and lunch?

Query: Hello doctor,There is a diet to lose 10 kgs in 10 days where I have to eat three eggs at breakfast and three eggs at lunch and oats for dinner. So, I want to really do this diet. My question is, can I eat four or six eggs together at breakfast because I cannot have them later due to my schedule. I...  Read Full »

Can losing weight help keep my blood sugar in control?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 37 years old and I weigh 100 kg with a height of 168 cm. I am a pre-diabetic. I m taking Metformin these days. If I lose like say 25 kg then can I stop taking medicines and control my blood sugar normally? Can this diabetes be cured?  Read Full »

Smart Ways to Lose Weight

Article Overview: Following a strict diet and exercise routine can be a difficult task for many. This article will explain how you can smartly lose weight without sacrificing your favorite food or without vigorous exercises. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Fitness Expert

Many people are tired of sacrificing their favorite food and unable to find extra time for a workout. We all know how difficult it is to reduce weight by controlling food habits and exercises. In this article, I will be giving you few tips to lose approximately 2 lbs of weight weekly just by perform...  Read Article

Ask a Nutritionist Now