Q. Why am I not able to lose fat even after my thyroid being within the normal range?

Dr. Rahul Kackar

I am 22 years old. My height is 5'11. I am suffering from hypothyroidism, but now it is in the normal range, but I am not able to lose fat.

I am taking Thyronorm 100 mcg.

#

I need your thyroid profile report.

I have attached the thyroid, glucose, and cholesterol reports.

#

I have reviewd your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).Your thyroid is not causing the problem. Add tablet Thyrowel (Multivitamins, Minerals and L-Tyrosine) once a day after breakfast for three weeks as a supplement for thyroid. Practice intermittent fasting 16:8 keep eight hours eating window and do not eat for 16 hrs that is, for example, have dinner by 7 PM and the next day have breakfast at 10 AM. Do HIIT three times a week and walk two miles daily. Restrict carbs, alcohol. Take some fiber at night and avoid constipation. Let me know after two weeks. Keep a weight chart; otherwise, I will put you on some medicine after two weeks.

I had tried intermittent fasting 24 hours, and low carbs and everything, and I took Thyrowell before, and I am an athlete. I do a HIIT workout for five days. But I find no result.

#

The medicine is Kilfat (Cetilistat) it will stop the absorption of fat in the diet, but you will notice oily stools and some fecal soiling of clothes and bloating can happen if you want, I will have to generate a prescription or try to increase Thyronorm to 112.5 mcg for one week and see if you are tolerating it and if it is of any help otherwise shift back to 100 mcg.

|