Q. Can I get an HSV-2 infection if the condom breaks in the middle of the intercourse?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I had protected sex with a girl whose medical status is unknown, but unfortunately, the condom broke. She then said her previous partner had an HSV-2 infection, and she has not to get tested ever since. What are the chances of acquiring herpes from her? I am really worried

Thanks.

#

Kindly answer me the following to help you better;

1) Is there fluid contact?

2) Is there any lesion after exposure?

3) Do you have blisters, erosions, or inflammatory bumps on your genitals?

4) Do you have any burning or painful lesions?

5) Is there any tingling sensation?

6) Do you have any fever?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, there was fluid contact. I did not notice the condom breakage until I ejaculated. This occurred only three days ago. So it is hard to tell if any symptoms will occur.

Thanks.

#

There would be a 60 percent risk of infection if she had active lesions or disease at the time of intercourse. So, kindly get tested for HSV-2 (herpes simplex virus) IgM (immunoglobulin M) to rule out an infection. Also, do Urine culture and urine routine tests to rule out other possible STIs (sexually transmitted infections). Ki day use barrier and practice safe sex. Maintain proper genital hygiene.

Thansk for the reply.

How early can I test for HSV-2?

Thanks.

#

You can get tested from 28 days to three months after exposure.

|