Human Papilloma Virus

Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the most common virus that spreads through sexual contact. Infection with HPV can cause genital warts and cancer.

Can high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion in the cervix resolve on its own?

Query: Hi doctor,Does a high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion in the cervix go away on its own? Two years back, during pregnancy, atypical cells were noticed. I had a sleep procedure the previous year, and the biopsy came back with high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions. A week later, it started ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the studies of cervical infections with oncogenic HPV (human papillomavirus) types, it has been seen that, though some HSIL (high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions) regress, the risk of invasive cervical cancer could not be ignored. For the adequate treatmen...  Read Full »

Why do I have black spots or moles near my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed some black spots near my penis that have been there for some time. I have also attached the images for your reference. What can be the cause of these black spots? Kindly advise.   Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would be happy to help. I have seen the attachments shared by you (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). They are genital warts caused by HPV (human papillomavirus) infection and spread by sexual route. They can be trea...  Read Full »

What causes high neutrophil count during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's hemoglobin is normal with neutrophil 75.25, low lymphocyte and low RBC. Occasionally, she gets dizzy and a bloody nose. Her mother had anemia when she was born and it was never fixed. Other than being pregnant, no problem now. Her blood report signals anemia and I think it is co...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H. Muddegowda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Neutrophils have different ranges and up to 75% can be considered mild increase. Due to increased neutrophils lymphocytes appear proportionately low, when the count is being done. Neutrophils can increase in stress an...  Read Full »

How common is it for a 21 year old to have vaginal cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have gotten my HPV shot. I do not smoke. I am a virgin and practice good genital hygiene. But my vaginal area is very sensitive to soap, and it feels a little bumpy. But, I am not showing any signs of vaginal cancer like pelvic pain or unusual bleeding. Could it be due to some soap alle...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not think of such rare conditions for small symptoms. May I give you a little information about cancer in the vagina? Basically, cancer or dysplasia has a genetic background. In the case of a few cancers like cervical and vaginal cancers, it is due to HPV in...  Read Full »

Diagnosed with CIN1 plus HPV. Is this related to cervical cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 26 years old. Recently, I have been diagnosed with CIN1 plus HPV. Is this the same as cervical cancer? Please tell me more information regarding the same and also tell me how can I get it treated. I aborted my first child due to personal reasons. Currently, I am taking medicine for HI...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CIN1 (cervical intraepithelial neoplasm) is neoplastic changes in the cervix. It is not cancer itself, but the change towards cancer is seen. CIN1 is treatable. The most common cause of it is HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) infection. Since you currently do not have childr...  Read Full »

I have genital warts. What are the different modes of transmission of this infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male and have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for three years. We have had sexual encounters with each other. Recently I had bumps appearing on my penis and went to a doctor, and they did a biopsy. They told me it was verruca vulgaris (the common wart). I am so confu...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Genital warts are frustrating. Warts are caused by HPV (human papillomavirus). It is very contagious and spreads from one person to another through contact. Contact can be from sexual acts or physical touch. It is possi...  Read Full »

I have wart-like lesions in my left groin. Are they genital warts?

Query: Hello doctor, There are soft wart-like lesions in my left groin region. A picture is attached for your reference. It is itchy on and off and it is mildly painful. Is this a genital wart?  Read Full »

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, they seem like warts. Regards.   Read Full »

I have black pimples on my penis that is increasing day by day. Kindly suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from black pimples on my penis. These pimples appeared three months ago. Now it is increasing day by day. I am worried; please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. This condition is known as Bowenoid papulosis. Genitals are the commonly affected sites but can affect other areas too. The human papillomavirus causes it. It presents as slightly raised pigmented papules and is considered a premalignant co...  Read Full »

The HPV test is negative and Pap smear shows some abnormalities. Kindly give your opinion.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's Pap smear test and HPV test showed CIN1 and HPV 16 positive three years back. Two years back, the colposcopy was normal. One month back, Pap smear test and HPV test were repeated. The result was negative for HPV, but the Pap smear showed some changes and abnormalities. Could yo...  Read Full »

Dr. Nisha Marhatta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HPV (human papillomavirus) is a virus that can cause cervical cancer. It can occasionally infect, and the body clears it up by normal immune defense mechanism; if that fails, subtle changes can happen at the cervix, which over the years can progress into cancer. However...  Read Full »

Are there any home remedies to treat the bumps on my fingers?

Query: Hi doctor, I got these bumps suddenly appearing on my hands. The first one was on the thumb and index finger two weeks ago, and now another is on my middle finger. Not sure if this could be related, but I have a wart on my right foot. Is there any chance these are also warts? I had got it after scra...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and can understand your concern. As per the history and the image provided (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), the new lesions in your hands are common warts, also called verruca vulgaris medically. Warts are caused by human pa...  Read Full »