Human Papilloma Virus

Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the most common virus that spreads through sexual contact. Infection with HPV can cause genital warts and cancer.

What are the flesh-colored bumps on my tonsil?

Query: Hi doctor, I have two yellowish tint flesh colored bumps are connected on my tonsil. They form an alphabet "B" if you look at the side of them. They do not hurt and it is smooth with no irritation. I have had allergies and stuffiness for months now. I am really scared of HPV. I am a hypochondriac. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details you have given me your throat seems to be normal. The tonsils are seen very clearly in the picture you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have any other complaint anywhere else? HPV - human papilloma virus generally form papill...  Read Full »

I had protected sex with multiple partners. What is the risk of HIV infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male, and I had sex with two female partners, three months back. I had vaginal and oral sex. The intercourse lasted for about five minutes, twice with each partner. I had a condom on throughout the time. Starting a week or so later, I had a pimple-like bump at the edge ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answers to your queries are as follows: If you had sex with a latex condom, used properly, separate for each act, separate for both the partners and it did not break or slip, then it was a protected act. It not only prevents HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) but ...  Read Full »

What are those non-itchy, multiplying bumps on penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed these bumps and spots on the bar of my boyfriend's penis. It does not seem to cause any discomfort to him such as itching or sensitive to touch. We have been sexually active supposedly monogamous for a year. I noted the first one about three months ago and they seem to be m...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and descriptions. These lesions seem to be genital warts (condyloma acuminata). It is a contagious disease, caused by human papilloma virus. Generally, two thirds of individuals who have sexu...  Read Full »

Are white bumps under the tongue normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female, and I have white bumps on the back of my tongue. I also have painful white sores on the sides of the tongue. I have been getting painful sores on the tip of my tongue quite frequently for the past two months. But this time, the pain was severe. I did get some re...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your complaint and also the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you provided of the lesion. As far as your history of painful sores on tongue tip is concerned, there can be various reasons. Most common are vitamin B12 deficien...  Read Full »

What causes high neutrophil count during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's hemoglobin is normal with neutrophil 75.25, low lymphocyte and low RBC. Occasionally, she gets dizzy and a bloody nose. Her mother had anemia when she was born and it was never fixed. Other than being pregnant, no problem now. Her blood report signals anemia and I think it is co...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Neutrophils have different ranges and up to 75% can be considered mild increase. Due to increased neutrophils lymphocytes appear proportionately low, when the count is being done. Neutrophils can increase in stress and pregn...  Read Full »

I want to improve and make my feet normal. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I want to improve and make my feet normal. Please check my picture and give me a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have plantar warts caused by the human papillomavirus (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are a lot of treatments available, for some of them you need to visit the local dermatologist and others can be done at home. Start following medication...  Read Full »

How to Remove Warts on Your Face?

Query: Hello doctor, Small skin warts are spreading on my face and neck drastically. Can you please suggest the cure for this kind of a virus infection? It started one and a half months back. But, I only recently realized that it is multiplying.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is verruca planae. It is caused by the human papilloma virus. Avoid shaving until you completely get rid of the virus. Start Zinfate or Zitcare tablets twice daily for three months. It is a pure zinc tablet which boosts up your immunity. I suggest you plan...  Read Full »

I have little genital warts in my vagina and worried that it could be VPH. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few and little genital warts in my vagina. I can send you a picture if you want, I am very worried that it could be VPH. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be HPV (human papilloma virus) warts only. But need to be confirmed. Are you sexually active? If yes then does your partner also has similar lesions?  Read Full »

What Should I Do For Facial Warts?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting facial warts again and again at the same place. I go for swimming every day. Is it because of that? I have undergone laser treatment twice and it went away with it. Now, again I have the same problem. What should I do? Is there anything that I can apply as I do not want to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial warts occur due to HPV (human papilloma virus) and some people are more susceptible to it due to some complex immunological parameters. They are too notorious to recur and avoid shaving for some time. Also, the probable treatment is electrocautery. Going to...  Read Full »

Will there be any cure for HPV in the near future?

Query: Hello doctor, How common is HPV in our country?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cervical cancer is the name of the disease caused by HPV (human papillomavirus) and this is leading cancer in women of our country and the second most common cancer worldwide. This means its frequency is very high here. The women at risk are 15 years of age and above....  Read Full »