Human Papilloma Virus

Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the most common virus that spreads through sexual contact. Infection with HPV can cause genital warts and cancer.

I had HPV and LEEP 12 years ago. Are my current symptoms due to cancer?

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 32 year old female. I had HPV and LEEP 12 years ago. Now, I have the following symptoms: Bleeding during sex. Heavy periods. Extra painful abdomen pain. Heavy feeling of fatigue and headaches. Could I have cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All the symptoms you have mentioned warrant a doctor visit with a full examination and Pap smear as a minimum, and colposcopy to be very sure. With your HPV and LEEP background, it is even more important that you get this done on priority. In all probability, it may be...  Read Full »

How to cure the wart-like growth on my foreskin that is recurrent?

Query: Hi doctor, I had wart-like growth on my foreskin. I consulted a doctor, who asked me to get a circumcision done. So I got the circumcision done. The biopsy result showed that they were viral warts (condyloma acuminatum), and the doctor gave me tablet Valtoval for a month. After going through the int...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. You are right in saying that genital warts are caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), and even the biopsy of the excised skin confirmed the same. Although there are some reports that Valtoval (Valacyclovir) has some eff...  Read Full »

The HPV test is negative and Pap smear shows some abnormalities. Kindly give your opinion.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's Pap smear test and HPV test showed CIN1 and HPV 16 positive three years back. Two years back, the colposcopy was normal. One month back, Pap smear test and HPV test were repeated. The result was negative for HPV, but the Pap smear showed some changes and abnormalities. Could yo...  Read Full »

Dr. Nisha Marhatta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HPV (human papillomavirus) is a virus that can cause cervical cancer. It can occasionally infect, and the body clears it up by normal immune defense mechanism; if that fails, subtle changes can happen at the cervix, which over the years can progress into cancer. How...  Read Full »

Would you please suggest a good treatment for the wart in my testicle?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed some wart-like thing in my testicle. It has been present for more than eight months now, but still, it is intact. The worrying part is it is not disappearing, and it is spread across the testicles. From a young age, I have constantly been facing the issue of warts in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, and I will help you with it.I have seen the attached image (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity), which looks like warts. Have you ever done a biopsy of your lesion?As around 50 percent of warts are associated with HPV (Hum...  Read Full »

How is HPV diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, A month back, I did a Pap smear and it came back abnormal. I was told that I have HPV. My doctor did colposcopy two weeks back. It showed normal results. What does this mean? Do I have HPV? Can I have a low risk? I do not have any warts.  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.There are some differences between the tests that you have done. I will try to explain it. A Pap smear is a test used to screen whether a woman has a cancerous or precancerous cell over the mouth of the uterus. It is basically a screening test for cervical cancer. As it is ...  Read Full »

Does genital wart indicate the chances of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently I have been tested negative for HPV test (cervical swab) for high and low-risk strains of HPV. I had HPV some years ago (with warts), but after treating warts for a year, the symptoms stayed away. Now I see two tiny flesh-colored bumps near the opening of the vagina (since a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know more details. I have some questions for you. Do you have vaginal bleeding? Do you experience pain while having sex? Is the lesion pedunculated (an elongated stalk of tissue)? Do you have fever or any other systemic symptoms? Are you Vaccinated?  Read Full »

How can I stop the spread of my plantar wart?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old girl with no pre-existing conditions. I developed an increasingly painful plantar wart about five months ago and have tried using Compound NitroFreeze on it for the maximum number of attempts (three) as recommended by a podiatrist I saw. After I used the compound, w...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. Do not worry; it will not spread much. During surgery, if some part is left, then it can recur. So, it must be removed completely from the root. Along with surgery, medicine is given to control the spread. So both su...  Read Full »

Can high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion in the cervix resolve on its own?

Query: Hi doctor,Does a high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion in the cervix go away on its own? Two years back, during pregnancy, atypical cells were noticed. I had a sleep procedure the previous year, and the biopsy came back with high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions. A week later, it started ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the studies of cervical infections with oncogenic HPV (human papillomavirus) types, it has been seen that, though some HSIL (high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions) regress, the risk of invasive cervical cancer could not be ignored. For the adequate treatm...  Read Full »

What is the reason for a hard raised lump on the corona of the glans penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 38 years old and have a person with type 1 diabetes. I have a raised lump on my penis on the corona (sulcus), which I first noticed ten days back. It feels hard to touch and is around 3 to 5 mm long by 2 to 3 mm wide and raised about 1 to 2 mm. I currently take Insulin.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a raised lump on the penis on the corona (sulcus). The lump on the penis may result from pearly penile papules, fordyce spots, lymphocele, lichen planus, genit...  Read Full »

Can HPV be transmitted by kissing?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few warts on my leg and a barely noticeable wart on my penis. My doctor said that they look like HPV. He advised me to apply antifungal and steroid cream and wear condoms. The cream was not very effective even after four days. Can it be something other than HPV? Will condom...  Read Full »

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a condom will prevent transmission. No, HPV will not get transmitted by kissing. The lesion on your leg can be due to HPV (human papillomavirus), but its probability is low. Genital warts regress spontaneously within months or years, but, the guideli...  Read Full »