Q. Please suggest ayurvedic treatment for a cyst in the testis.

Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Dec 02, 2019

I am having a cyst in one of my testes, and the nerves in my testicles are swollen. I came to know this through ultrasound. I heard Kalarchi powder mixed with pepper and castor oil can be applied on my testicles to cure the above said problems. Please guide me on how to proceed with this. Thank you.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query.

• Kalarachi powder is a Siddha medicine, and it is used to treat hydrocele in males. A hydrocele is a problem where water is present in testes. As far as the cyst is concerned, you can give it a try because it does not always have 100 % results.
  • While application, take the powder, a pinch of black pepper and some castor oil and make a paste and apply it on the testes and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash the area gently with lukewarm water. Prefer to do this thing in the morning. If you have itching or irritation on application, then remove it immediately.
  • Along with this, I suggest you take tablet Kanchnar Guggulu, two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water after food for four weeks. Do not swallow these tablets. Firstly, chew them and then take them with water. These tablets are helpful in relieving the problem of cyst and swelling.
  • Try both these things regularly and do consult me after one month regarding improvement. If you want to go for a check-up to a nearby physician, then consult a reputed urologist

I hope you are satisfied with my answer. For more queries, you can consult me.

Revert after a month to an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Thank you for replying. Where can I buy Kanchnar Guggulu tablet? I also understand that I should take two tablets one in the morning and one in the evening after food. Tablet should be chewed, and then I should take some lukewarm water. Hope I am correct. Thank you.

Dr. Alka

#

• You can buy these tablets online or any ayurveda or Siddha shop. If you still do not find them, then do tell me about this. Yes, you are correct about intake of the medicine.
  • Kanchanar Guggulu is very good in some cysts, and it reduces their size. Take it regularly for one month.

I hope you find my answer helpful. Thank you.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Hello doctor,

Thank you for the previous reply. As advised by you, I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from the last two days. But, I am having slight headache and irritation in the stomach. Please advice.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query.

• Sometimes, Kanchanar Guggulu might cause stomach irritation in people with sensitive stomach, so try to take it with lots of water and take it after food. If after two or three dosage, you still face the same problem, then do replace it with Punarnava Guggulu.
  • I suggest taking Punarnava Guggulu one tablet twice a day with water after food for four weeks. As mentioned earlier, do not swallow the tablet, first chew it and then take it with lukewarm water.
  • One more method is there with castor oil. You can take drumstick leaves if available and then crush them. Add crushed leaves with castor oil. After cooling, take these boiled crushed leaves and tie on the swelled part in the night. Remove early in the morning. Gradually swelling may subside.
  • Try any one possible and easily available method for some days, and you do not have to panic and try more methods at once. Medical treatment shows positive results in 50 % cases, meaning, the swelling in some people may subside with treatment while in others surgery might be required. But, doctors do not suggest surgery till the cyst is creating any problem with the normal functioning of that part or they find it harmful for you.

I hope you understand my point. Thank you.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 
Hello Dr. Good day.
As per ur advice i am taking kanchnaar gugullu... herewith attached screen shot of my recent ultrasound. Please take a look at it and lemme know if the kanchnaar guggulu can fix all the conditions mentioned.

1. A clear cyst of 3×2 mm seen in left edidydimis.
2. Small plaque calcification seen in bilateral testis.

I often get pain in both testicles nd also notice some swelling in the veins and later it goes off, Both pain and the swelling. Please advice.

Dr. Alka

# Hello Sir,
I just read your query and saw your reports.
* See the epididymitic cyst is a water filled sac around your area of testes.
*Generally it is non cancerous and due to small size doesn't cause any problem. But as you have mentioned about pain and swelling, these might be due to twisting of cyst sometimes, So if you feel severe pain then you need to visit a nearby urologist because only after local examination he can tell you about twisting. But if pain is not much and occasional,then it's ok.
* Now your question about kanchnaar gugglu. Sir I told you initially that there is not any proper study about the medicines in these cases.
Ideally a small surgical procedure is done to remove the cysts if needed, but in case of small cyst even doctors avoid to do surgery.
So kanchnaar gugglu can help you in two ways, one is it will not allow to cyst to grow more in size and second is it might reduce the size but that's not guaranteed.
It's up to you whether you want to give a TRY​ to this medicine or not.
* If you want to try it then also take tablet Chander prabha vati two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water after food for four weeks.
*I hope you understand my point.If still in doubt and want to consult a nearby physician then do consult a urologist.
*For more queries you can consult me at icliniq.

| 

What can be done for dry scalp with white flaky layers on the front and sides?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a very dry scalp. There is a white flaky layer on the front and on the sides of the scalp. I have tried different shampoos but no help. Hair is getting thin day by day. I shampoo my hair twice weekly and before shampoo only I apply oil. Please help.  Read Full »

I would like to know if I can take kalarchi choornam for PCOS.

Query: Dear doctor,I would like to know if I can take kalarchi churna. I have PCOS with irregular periods and ovulation issues. I was on Clomid stimulation which was giving prompt follicle growth and ovulation but could not conceive. Now I am given FSH injectables for stimulation. Can I have kalachi churna...  Read Full »

How long should Kazharchi Kaai powder be taken for PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor,As I have PCOD problem and also cyst, I take tablets for period. My friend suggested Kalachikai powder. I used it for 30 days continuously, but no use. How many days should I take that powder and how to overcome this problem?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now