Q. My USG of 36 weeks showed big head with mild prominence. What to do?

Dr. Sirisha
Published on Apr 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2020

My earlier ultrasound mentioned big head. But, my present ultrasound done in 36 weeks says big head with mild prominence of bilateral lateral ventricles. My radiosonologist did confirm big head but on part of hydrocephalus she was not sure. I have attached the report for your feedback.

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrics
#

I have checked the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• There is prominence of the ventricular system of the brain, if it is beyond certain dimensions then we call it hydrocephalus.
  • This dilatation can sometimes be a normal variant, but things are better known after MRI of brain once baby is born. So, let us wait for the baby to be born.

MRI brain.

Revert back with brain MRI to a paediatric surgeon online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatric-surgeon

| 

There is a white mass above my teeth in MRI. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a brain MRI nine months ago. The report came back completely normal. I decided to look at the images last night and I noticed this bright white mass above my teeth. Either the mass is near my teeth or in my sinuses. I am worried that I have a tumor growing and it was looked over...  Read Full »

My periods have been slightly irregular. What may be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 year old and I had an ultrasound for the first time today. My periods have been slightly irregular for last few months and hence I went for a checkup. I am attaching my scan reports for your reference. Kindly guide me. Thank you.  Read Full »

Please help me understand the outcome of my brain tumor surgery.

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had CyberKnife surgery for a brain tumor. Today, I had my MRI again. I want to know the report. Please explain.  Read Full »

Ask a Paediatric Surgeon Now