I assume you are referring to hyper-pigmentation, most often caused by UV rays exposure and hormonal imbalances. Laser treatment can be very beneficial, but it is expensive. There are natural solutions, which can be quite effective. It is best to try a little bit on an area of skin that is not usually exposed to make sure that it does not cause too much irritation or an allergic reaction. Test it before you apply it to your face or other exposed areas that are pigmented. Here are some suggestions you can try, one at a time:
1. Apply a homemade face mask made with milk and honey, and leave it on the face for 30 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
2. Lemon is amazing at lightening the skin. Dab it on the skin and leave it on for 10 minutes, twice daily, then rinse. If you can find licorice root or a skin cream containing licorice, that is also beneficial to rub on with the lemon.
3. Raw potato is used often, grated and mixed with lemon, apply for 20 minutes twice daily for a month.
4. Mix apple cider vinegar and water in equal portions, apply for two minutes, then rinse.
5. Many skin creams use pure vitamin C for discoloration. Look at your store for a vitamin C serum, you could apply to your skin.
6. Rub vitamin E on your face at night.
Natural supplements that you can take to decrease the pigmentation are:
1. Turmeric 500 mg three times a day with food.
2. Vitamin B complex, taken daily with food.
You can eat strawberries, cherries, and especially pomegranate fruits, which decrease melanin production and causes pigmentation. Try to stay out of the sun. Wear hats, and sunglasses, and use good sunscreen with at least 30 SPF (sun protection factor).
I hope that helps.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.