I have COVID-19 infection for the past six days, and I am taking tablet Ivermectin, tablet Doxycycline, Multivitamin tablets for five days. I did a CT scan and blood test yesterday. My chest scan is fine, but my BP is very high. It was 151/88 mm Hg three days back. Now it is 172/110 mm Hg. Also, the CRP value is very high in the blood test. I am taking the tablet Garoin for the past 20 years. Can you please tell me if I have to stop or add any medicines?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1) Did you have high BP (blood pressure) before or recently developed?
2) Which anti-hypertensive medicine are you taking?
Thank you doctor
I have no previous issue of high BP. I have developed it only after testing positive from COVID-19. I am not taking anti-hypertensive medicines as of now.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
For controlling high blood pressure,
1) Avoid smoking and other addictions
2) Reduce salt intake in the diet.
3) Reduce fatty foods, junk foods, saturated fats.
4) Avoid stress and anxiety.
5) Do regular moderate-intensity exercise such as brisk walk for 30 minutes
6) Have proper night sleep, at least eight hours in a day, including atleast six hours in uninterrupted night sleep.
7) Reduce weight even if the weight is within normal range.
8) Drink plenty of water.
9) Do deep breathing exercises and meditation.
10) Along with these measures, have renal function test and electrolytes levels and ECG (electrocardiograph).
11) Take an anti-hypertensive tablet. I would suggest you with:
12) After one week, repeat renal function tests and electrolytes levels. If unchanged, continue the medicines.
13) Take daily BP reading two to three times per day. BP will begin to decrease in one to two weeks. After one month, if BP is still not decreased, then we may increase the dose.
After two weeks.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Please check the answer key and get to know how much you know about hypertension based on your score ... Not only does it help control your weight it also helps you relieve your stress, which incidentally happens to be anothe... Read fullWhy am I having high blood pressure for past 10 years in-spite of medicines?
Hello doctor, I am suffering from high blood pressure since last 10 years ... Your BP (blood pressure) is not controlled with beta-blo... Read fullHypertension: Overcome the Highs
Your blood pressure value is considered as hypertension when constantly there is a blood pressure of more than 140/90 mmHg ... A family history of hypertension ... Manageme... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Cardiologist Now