Q. I have hypertension. Please suggest me some natural ways to treat this.

Dr. Amit Kumar Gaba
Published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 11, 2018

I have hypertension. Please suggest some natural ways to treat it.

Dr. Amit Kumar Gaba

Periodontist
#

I understand that you are not interested in taking medications for hypertension for a long time. So I am suggesting you a natural way of dealing with hypertension.

Take raisins. Soak it in rose water overnight. Chew and eat it in the morning. You have to follow this for 21 days with 1 raisin on the first day, 2 raisins on the second day, 3 raisins on the third day and so on till you have 21 raisins on the 21 st day. Then stop this and after a gap of 2 weeks, repeat this. Follow 4 to 5 cycles like this.

Meanwhile, keep taking your allopathic medication during this period. Afterward, you can taper off the medication. Keep checking your blood pressure after every 21 days. This might work for you depending on your body condition. Also, try to do meditation and yoga.

Related Video

Please suggest medicine to lower creatinine level.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is suffering from chronic kidney disease. At present her creatinine level is 4.8. Her creatinine levels in the last two years have been increasing in order such as 2, 2.2, 2.7, 3.8 and 4.8 respectively. Her urea level is 114. Is there any treatment for reducing creatinine level...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By seeing her reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), I understand the pattern of rise in creatinine and her condition of chronic kidney disease (CKD). As such there are no medicines to cure creatinine. You just have to make sure that she maintains h...  Read Full

For chest pain, is it necessary to get an ECG or can I manage with medicine?

Query: Hi doctor,I am feeling a slight pain in the left side of my chest while taking a deep breath. Can you help me with the medicine to cure this pain?  Read Full >>

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. We need more details of the problem. What is your age? Do you have any history of diabetes or hypertension? Where is the exact location of pain? Does the pain increase on walking or climbing stairs? Kindly review with fur...  Read Full

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article