Q. My dad has hypertension with memory loss and trouble speaking. Kindly help.

Dr. Abhaya Kant Tewari
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 14, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 16, 2021

My father has hypertension. He also have a loss of memory and trouble speaking. Please help.

#

I understood that you have long term hypertension. I do not know whether you had been or are taking medication for the same. Hypertension is a silent, serious disease. Persistent hypertension led to the narrowing of the blood vessels of the brain and, finally, blockage. This has led to multiple areas of the brain devoid of blood and thereby suffering neuron cell death, infarct. There are multiple small infarcts that are causing the problem of memory and speaking trouble.

I do not know what medication are you taking now, and is the blood pressure controlled. You need to take some other medicines also. If you can tell me your current prescription, I can guide you further to prevent further deterioration.

My father has trouble speaking and memory loss. My physical condition is also normal. At present, she takes Losartan and Amlodipine.

#

Your father is taking antihypertensive both the medication are for blood pressure. He needs to add Aspirin and statins.

Tablet Aspirin 75 mg once a day life long, tablet Rosuvastatin 20 mg per day in the morning.

|