Q. I gained a lot of weight with hyperthyroidism. How to control my weight?

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

I am a hyperthyroidism patient. My weight was 65 kg when i was normal. And then my weight is suddenly decreased and it was 52 kg, and i knew that i have hyperthyroid, so treatment was start from last year and now my current weight is 73 kg, can you help me how can i control weight now? I am taking Inderal 10 mg Carbimazole 10mg

#

Hi Thanks for your query First of all u need to control ur thyroid function so ur thyroid Harmon levels should be stable. When ur thyroid harmone levels increase u will lose weight.

I don’t know why ur taking inderal? It’s given initially to control symptoms because carbimazole takes three weeks to stop symptoms but then it’s stopped until unless there’s some other reason to continue.

If u want to lose weight as it’s now more u need to take low carbohydrates diet with no added sugars and do exercise which can be at least walk for one hour daily.

U can go for intermittent fasting. Take more water and take at least 7-8 hours good sleep. Thanks

|