Q. My son feels very irritated and gets angry soon. Please review his blood reports.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

My son is very weak and not gaining any weight. He is 11 years old, and still, his weight is 28 kg. Nowadays, he gets angry and irritated irrationally and also abusing everyone, including elders. He eats very less. I have got his complete body tests and attaching the reports here. Please advise accordingly, and further tests are required, if any. His height is 4.5 feet.

#

I have seen his blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

There are some changes in his blood values, but the primary concern is about TSH and T3. Both values are increased, which could cause irritation, weight loss, and restlessness. So once if thyroid medicine starts, everything will be fine.

Apart form that, some minor changes such as increased ESR and urine pH were noted, but those are only slight increases, which is not a matter of concern.

Since your child is very small, I would suggest you consult a Pediatrician further because an accurate dosage for hyperthyroidism is required. So you can consult any nearby pediatrician or endocrinologist. Can you please tell me when you are noticing all these symptoms?

In the past few months, triple phosphate crystals are also visible in the urine?

#

That can be due to urinary tract infection or kidney stones. Does he have pain or a burning sensation while urinating? Does he have pain in the abdomen or on the sides?

|