Q. Can hypothyroidism be cured with only ayurvedic medicines?

Answered by Dr. Alka and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hypothyroidism or Ashwagandha? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I would like to know if my hypothyroidism can be cured without taking the synthetic hormones, through Ayurveda only. In the allopathic approach, the hormone needs to be taken for the rest of one's life and I am a bit scared of it. It is possible I may also be diabetic and will need to treat this as well. Can these conditions be successfully dealt with through ayurvedic treatments alone?