Q. Is there any Ayurvedic medicine to bring down the level of TSH and uric acid?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on Jan 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 27, 2020

I had been diagnosed with hypothyroid nearly 10 months ago. My TSH was over 100 during that time. Also, I had uric acid which was high. Doctor prescribed me to take Thyroxine tablet 50 mg daily and to increase it to 100 mg after one month. Also, uric acid medicine was given. I took that for a couple of months but slowly stopped both medicines. Instead, I am now taking 750 mg Ashwagandha and 400 mg Shilajeet daily.

I got my TSH and uric acid tested recently and TSH comes to 12.0 and uric acid is 447 (both results are still higher than normal). Can you guide me for a suitable Ayurveda medicine to bring thyroid and uric acid to a normal level?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

I have seen your attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read the complaints carefully. It is not a big issue and can be managed through Ayurvedic medicines and yoga practices.

Hormonal imbalance, metabolic disorders.

TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), uric acid, blood pressure, and blood sugar.

You should take the following medicines regularly for one month and after one month you may revert back with investigation reports.
Rx,
1. Kanchanar Guggulu one tablet, Gandamala kandan rasa one tablet, Giloy ghanvati one tablet thrice a day after meals with lukewarm water.
2. Punarnavasava 15 ml with equal amount of water after meal twice a day.
3. Amla alovera juice 10 ml daily in the morning.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Drink plenty of lukewarm water regularly.
Avoid milk and milk products, egg and non-vegetarian foods, beans and protien rich food.
Do regular Kapalbhati and Pranayam like anulom vilom nadi shodhana bhramari and specially ujjai.

Do these things and provide your valuable feedback after one month.

| 

Can hypothyroidism cause joint pain, shivering and fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5'10". Three months before, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Also, I am suffering from joint pain, shivering and fever. For this condition doctor advised me to take Thyrox 50 mcg, Thyrox 100 mcg for 10 days and Thyrox 125 mcg for ne...  Read Full »

Is there any alternate for medicine for hypothyroid condition?

Query: Hello doctor, Four months before I found that I have thyroid with high TSH 18. Then I put off some weight and did morning walk and running, then it decreases to 14. Now I left the exercise because I met with an accident. Now I have done my test again it was 18 again. Now I consulted the doctor but ...  Read Full »

How to lower my uric acid level?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gout - podagra for the past 16 years. I cannot maintain a constant diet because every local doctor prescribes different. Have many wens around the body. My uric acid level is higher than normal (till 800). I am taking medicines named Colchicine and Diclofenac. From the...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now