Q. Kindly check the dosage of my thyroid medicine for hypothyroidism.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Published on Nov 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2019

TSH is 5.59, T3 2.7, T4 1.3. Current Thyroid dosage 6.25 mg Monday to Saturday, 32.5 on Sunday. Is this a correct dosage? Patient is on dialysis as well for kidney failure.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you are having CKD and hypothyroidism and your thyroid test results show that it is still uncontrolled. You must take Nature Thyroid 32.5 mg two days a week Saturday and Sunday, and for the remaining five days weekly Monday to Friday take 16.25 mg. Repeat your thyroid function test after six weeks and then we will review again.

Should hypothyroidism medicine be given for TSH level 8.12?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 75 years has TSH 8.12. She has adrenalism and takes Hisone 12 mg daily. Should she be administered medicine for hypothyroidism?  Read Full »

I am getting severe panic attacks without any reason. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. Recently, I had a breakup. Currently, I do not have a job and so, mentally I am feeling insecure. I am getting severe panic attacks for no reason. Even, I do not want to go out of my room. I feel sleepy all the time. Whenever I go out, I feel that I am going to...  Read Full »

I am 9 months pregnant, and my total T3 is 208.57. Should I be worried?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 9 months pregnant, and I have some doubts with my recent free T3, T4, and TSH levels. My Triiodothyronine total (T3) is 208.57. What is it? Is it something to worry or is it normal? My TSH is under control, and it is 2.63 now.  Read Full »

Ask an Endocrinologist Now