Q. Kindly check the dosage of my thyroid medicine for hypothyroidism.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2019

TSH is 5.59, T3 2.7, T4 1.3. Current Thyroid dosage 6.25 mg Monday to Saturday, 32.5 on Sunday. Is this a correct dosage? Patient is on dialysis as well for kidney failure.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you are having CKD and hypothyroidism and your thyroid test results show that it is still uncontrolled. You must take Nature Thyroid 32.5 mg two days a week Saturday and Sunday, and for the remaining five days weekly Monday to Friday take 16.25 mg. Repeat your thyroid function test after six weeks and then we will review again.

|