Q. Please guide me after seeing my latest thyroid reports.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2021

I am a 47 year old male. I am having hypothyroidism and high BP from the last 15 years. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches and weight is 82 kg. I am taking Thyronorm 125 mcg and Telsartan H80 daily. I am attaching my recent blood reports. Please guide on what I should do.

#

I read your query about your health conditions and saw the detailed reports which you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It appears that you have hypothyroidism, hypertension, and dyslipidemia.
  • Your thyroid function test shows that the TSH level is slightly high, and that could be due to, either you skipping your medications or poor absorption of thyroxine. I suggest you take your Thyroxine early in the morning, on waking up and do not eat anything for the next one hour.
  • And most importantly, your total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol levels are very high, and considering your age and co-existent medical conditions, I would advise you to take tablet Simvastatin 20 mg at bedtime daily for six months or more, depending upon how your lipids are when you check them again.
  • Avoid saturated and trans fats, and eat more high-fiber foods like oatmeal, vegetables, carrots, and fruits. Avoid gluten in your diet.
  • Try to walk 30 minutes daily.

Hope you find my advice beneficial. Take care.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|