Q. What is the reason behind my severe hair fall and joint pains?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I am suffering from stomach upset, swelled up thyroid, joints and ankles pain, and hairfall. I got my lab tests done and had positive ANA and APCA. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

Your thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) levels are high (attachment removed to preserve patient's identity), so hair fall and other symptoms can be associated with that. So we need to start treatment for that. The condition is known as hypothyroidism; the patient experiences weakness, hair fall, irregular periods, and weight gain. It can be controlled by thyroid hormone treatment.

Can you please tell me whether you are taking medicine for hypothyroidism? If yes, what dosage?

|