Q. Does I-pill overdose affect regular period?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I had sex on 13th of this month and my period was due on the 20th. But, it has not come yet. I took I-pill within one hour of intercourse and due to lack of knowledge took one more dose the next day. Now I am worried. Will overdose of I-pill affect my body? Also, I did my urine pregnancy test after 4 days of missing my period and it was negative. What to do?

#

I had gone through all the data you have posted.

• Kindly calm down and repeat urine pregnancy test after four days and wait for your periods.
  • If you do not get periods within another four days, then repeat urine pregnancy test and consult your gynecologist for ultrasound examination.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Should I take a blood pregnancy test for the confirmation? Also, I have heard that the delay in periods is also one of the side effect of i-pill. Is it true?

#

• As you said it is already four days, so you can wait for another four days and repeat urine pregnancy test and blood hCG level (human chorionic gonadotropin).
  • If you do not get periods after four days, then you need to consult a gynecologist for a physical evaluation.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am feeling some changes in my body like gas, weakness, heaviness in the stomach and pain in my lower body. Are these symptoms of pregnancy? How can I come out of these things?

#

• So, there is no definitive test that can rule out pregnancy now, even an ultrasound.
  • I suggest you to be patient and repeat urine pregnancy test and blood hCG after four days and consult a gynecologist if your reports are abnormal or if you do not get periods.

| 

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »

Delayed period after abortion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 23 years old. Two months back she had abortion. After abortion she is taking Folic acid and Ecosprin 75. Last month her period lasted for around 14 days and then doctor gave her Sandoz medication. This month her period date already has passed far off but still she is not hav...  Read Full »

What are the first signs of early-onset menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»