Q. Does I-pill overdose affect regular period?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I had sex on 13th of this month and my period was due on the 20th. But, it has not come yet. I took I-pill within one hour of intercourse and due to lack of knowledge took one more dose the next day. Now I am worried. Will overdose of I-pill affect my body? Also, I did my urine pregnancy test after 4 days of missing my period and it was negative. What to do?

#

I had gone through all the data you have posted.

• Kindly calm down and repeat urine pregnancy test after four days and wait for your periods.
  • If you do not get periods within another four days, then repeat urine pregnancy test and consult your gynecologist for ultrasound examination.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Should I take a blood pregnancy test for the confirmation? Also, I have heard that the delay in periods is also one of the side effect of i-pill. Is it true?

#

• As you said it is already four days, so you can wait for another four days and repeat urine pregnancy test and blood hCG level (human chorionic gonadotropin).
  • If you do not get periods after four days, then you need to consult a gynecologist for a physical evaluation.

For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am feeling some changes in my body like gas, weakness, heaviness in the stomach and pain in my lower body. Are these symptoms of pregnancy? How can I come out of these things?

#

• So, there is no definitive test that can rule out pregnancy now, even an ultrasound.
  • I suggest you to be patient and repeat urine pregnancy test and blood hCG after four days and consult a gynecologist if your reports are abnormal or if you do not get periods.

|