Q. I had four I-pills in a span of two weeks and my periods are delayed. Any advice?

Dr. Shalaka Joshi
Published on Jul 17, 2018

My husband is away from the past one and half years due to his work. I visited him for 15 days. I had my normal periods there on the 31st of last month.

Since I got a bit anxious about getting pregnant, I had four I-pills in these two weeks for protection. I then returned back on the 15th of this month. I had very scanty periods between the 24th to the 28th. And that is it. I had no periods after that until today.

I have checked for pregnancy four times and it always showed negative. I do not have any pregnancy symptoms as well. I am leading a normal life.

At times, I feel some cramps in the lower part of my stomach. I have already visited my doctor.

She suggested I take Regestrone 5 mg, two tablets a day for five days. But, I still did not get my periods. Kindly advice me for the same.

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

After you have finished taking tablet Regestrone (Norethisterone), you will have to wait for 15 days to get your periods. If you do not get it in 15 days, you have to repeat the urine pregnancy test and visit your gynecologist.

Please do not take emergency contraceptive pills so casually. It is not to be used as a regular method of contraception and it is not to be used more than once a month.

Have patience. Everything is gonna be alright.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I had bleeding after taking I-pill. Was it periods or withdrawal bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I had taken a pill and got bleeding. I thought it was periods because I had little cramps but that bleeding was so light and it lasted for three to four days. After that I had protected sex two weeks back but to be complete sure I took another pill two days later and my periods was du...  Read Full >>

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I-pill is emergency contraception. It should be taken not more than once or twice in a year. It has many serious side effects. Secondly, you took I-pill twice in one month would definitely create some hormonal imbalance which might take a couple of weeks to settle. I...  Read Full

Will taking Sysron NCR prevent pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. I am taking Sysron NCR 10 mg for heavy bleeding. I had unprotected sex on the 12th day of my periods. How to prevent my pregnancy?  Read Full >>

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sysron NCR (Norethisterone) is basically a hormone which is used to control heavy bleeding during periods. I am afraid that Sysron NCR does not have any contraceptive action in it. You must take precautions to not get pregnant during its use. Your partner can use bar...  Read Full

Should I take an emergency pill if I only had foreplay?

Query: Hello doctor, I had foreplay with my partner yesterday. We both were having some fun. He actually inserted a finger into my vagina though not deep. He was not sure if he had touched his precum or not. Also, his penis touched my vagina two to three times though he never inserted. Should I take an I-p...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. It is highly unlikely that the insertion of the finger can result in pregnancy even if it was contaminated with precum because precum does not contain sperm. So, I do not think you need to take an emergency contraceptive pill. For more inform...  Read Full