Q. Is I-pill still effective when taken 48 hours after the act?

Answered by Dr. Neha Singh Rathod and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on I-pill or Pcod? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My husband and I had protected sex on the 15th of the month. I have taken an I-pill on the 17th. There is no withdrawal bleeding yet. I was worried about a pregnancy as there was some pre-ejaculate involved. So, I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Now, when can I expect my period? Or is there still a chance I am pregnant?