Q. Is it necessary to take I-pill after unprotected sex without penetration?

I am a 20-year-old female. Yesterday I had my ovulation day. I had unprotected sex with my partner. But we had not done a penetration. He pulled out before he had the precum. But we are scared. Is it necessary to take an I-pill? If yes, then what are the side effects? My period is expected after two weeks from now approximately, and I have regular periods till now.

#

You were under an unsafe period, and even pre-cum also have live sperms. You are at risk of getting pregnant. You need emergency contraception within 72 hours of intercourse to avoid unplanned pregnancy. The most common side effects of I-pill are a headache, nausea, and bloating which can be prevented by increasing the intake of water. You will get a withdrawal bleed within five to seven days after the consumption of I-pill. It indicates the absence of pregnancy.

|