Q. My fiance did not get periods for three months after taking I-pill. Is it normal?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 29, 2021

My fiance took an I-pill three months back after we had unprotected sex. But, she did not get her periods from the last three months. Is this normal? Is it a side effect of taking I-pill? Is she pregnant?

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• An irregular menstrual cycle is one of the commonest side effects of an indiscriminate use of I-pill. I-pill contains same hormones which regulate the monthly cycles, but if taken often, they cause hormonal disturbances. They lead to absent periods, delayed periods, low flow, high flow, etc.
  • Having said this, to confirm, I will recommend doing a urine pregnancy test. The test kit is available over-the-counter and can be purchased from any chemist shop in your city.
  • This is important because it will give you peace of mind if you are not willing for a child.

I hope this answers you. If you have more questions feel free to write back to me. Thanks and regards.

For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|