Q. My partner and I had sex on third day of her periods. Is she pregnant?

Dr. Gowrimeena
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 28, 2013 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My partner and I had sex on the third day of her periods and she had an I-pill immediately. She took the pill six hours after we had sex. She noticed some bleeding after three days which was not like normal periods. She is not having her periods and it is one month now. Is she pregnant? Help me. I am really worried.

#

The emergency pill, I-pill can be used only once in a cycle. If the I-pill is used more than once in a cycle, it not only does not work, it also upsets the body hormones and can cause irregular bleeding.

It is best to consult a doctor and check for pregnancy first. At the same time, you can also get advice to correct her menstrual cycle.

It is also advisable to follow a reliable form of birth control to avoid this situation in the future.

Taking birth control pills is a safe and easy method both for regularizing menstrual cycles and having protection against pregnancy.

For further information consult a childbirth educator online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/childbirth-educator

|