Q. How to cure IBS?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 38 year old male. For the past few years, I have been dealing with diarrhea and I am just simply tired of it. Thankfully, I work from home and I do not have to leave the house in the morning hours. I have always been a healthy person and non-smoker. But, I have an average of two drinks a day which I am sure does not help. Otherwise, I eat quite well. I used to eat very little in restaurants and no junk food at all. I thought it was only related to stress, but I have been able to shed a lot of that. This year I am pretty much stress free, but the IBS remains. I usually used to go toilet twice per morning, once right after coffee and again about a couple hours later after breakfast. Both the times, my stool is quite soft or liquid with little solids. It is obvious that the things are going through me really fast as I can often see greens from salad in the toilet. I self-diagnosed that I was lactose intolerant a couple years ago and stay away from all dairy. However, it seems that all natural cheeses are fine, but if anything processed, then my body rejects it violently in the smallest amount. Could I have any other food allergy that my body is rejecting? I went to a doctor locally and explained the issue. He prescribed me medicine to take. I want a cure and not a treatment. I would have expected he would ask me more questions and maybe a blood test, but nothing. So, I never took the medicines. I went to another doctor after and had a blood test and found out that I had H.pylori infection. Only after taking Mastic gum, I was cured and tests after a few months showed that I killed it. So, it is not that anymore unless I got it again. I want this to be cured as if I live with this for years, it could be doing my body serious damage in other ways. If everything is moving too fast through my intestines, they will not be able to absorb the nutrients my body needs to stay healthy. I would hate that I am ignoring this could create a bigger problem down the line. It is like driving a car with only three cylinders running. It can run, but something bad will happen eventually. Really hope you can help. I am so tired of the western paradigm of medicine. As a young, healthy person who grew up on an organic farm and raised all our own food (meat and veggies), I do not think this is an acceptable way to live or to be on medicines for the rest of my life. I am fine getting blood tests, but there are so many. I would like to know which one to take in order to determine the cause. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

#

We are here to help you.

• You need to accept that you are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It is a functional disorder and just stress related. The more you think the more you get.
  • You should get your thyroid profile and anti-tTG antibody test (tissue transglutaminase) done if not done yet.
  • I would advise you meditation and yoga with the initial help of the medicines to control the symptoms.
  • Once you improve with your meditation and get command over it; your medicines can be reduced and eventually stopped.
  • My recommendations would be to start you on a combination of Pantoprazole and Levosulpiride along with smooth muscle relaxant like Mebeverine. If no response in two weeks, then adding up an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) like Paroxetine is required.
  • So, this is all required. And by this way out I have successfully treated a lot number of patients.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|