Q. What are the ways to get a glowing face?

Dr. Alka
Published on Nov 02, 2019

I want to glow my face. I am working in sunlight. What should I do?

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query. First of all take measures to protect your face from direct sunlight. Always use sunscreen lotion. There are many sunscreen lotions available for men in the market now a days. You can choose a sunscreen lotion between 40-50 spf and with uv protection. Take some amount of sunscreen lotion in your palms and apply it gently over your face and other parts which get exposed in sunlight. Do it regularly and even if there are clouds then also use sunscreen lotion. If you work for longer shifts then repeat the application of suncreen lotion once again in the afternoon. Along with this always cover your head with a hat to avoid direct exposure to ssunlight

Drink one glass of water before going outside as it will help in less water loss. Drink plenty of water whole day to avoid water loss from the body. Avoid cold drinks and caffeinated drinks and prefer fresh lemon drink and fruits having high water content like watermelon, etc. After coming home, wash your face with herbal face wash and then use aloe vera gel over face. Take some sandalwood powder and add a pinch of turmeric powder in it and some rose water in it and make a paste. Apply this over face for 10 minutes and then wash it away with simple water. You can use it two to three times a week. It will help you a lot. Use all these measures regularly and you will feel better results soon.

three weeks

How can I prevent tanning?

Query: Hello doctor, I get tanned really easily. My skin is super sensitive. None of the sunscreens really helped me with this problem. If I am under the sun even for five minutes, I get super super tanned.  Read Full >>

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Which sunscreen are you using and its SPF? Actually, sunscreens are of two types. Physical and chemical. Physical sunscreen is better in protecting from suns radiation but the problem is that they are not cosmetically acceptable. Because they are visibly seen on the face....  Read Full

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen acc...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now