Kindly tell me:
1. What are some foods that are great to eat when you are sick?
2. How can these foods boost your immune system or promote healing, etc.?
3. Is it important to eat a variety of foods when you are sick, or more important to stick to a few highly nutritious staples?
4. Is there anything else someone should know about choosing foods when they are sick?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I just read your query. Yes, food is always important especially when you are sick. Because if you take proper food you will not require medicine. When you are sick you need to take food which should be easy to digest, healthy, maintain fluid and electrolytes balance and have various nutrients. Food items include soups, khichadi (porridge made up of rice and skinned splitmung gram), daliya (cracked wheat), oatmeal, fruits (may vary from condition to condition), coconut water, herbal tea, yogurt, and dairy products (may vary in some condition).
As these foods are a source of nutrients and provide fluids and electrolytes so they help in healing from sickness and also improves immunity and provide us energy. You can shuffle food items but it is important to take nutritious food daily. Selection of food items varies from one problem to another like if a diabetic patient will get sick his food regimen will be different from a hypertensive patient or from an otherwise healthy person.
Was this answer helpful?|
Article Overview: Dengue fever is a self-limiting mosquito-borne viral illness which has taken a huge toll on the public health around the world with over 390 million infections per year. So, there is a need to create awareness and break the myths associated with it. Various rumors and false treatment claims are frequently being shared on the social media sites, which do more harm than good. Read Article
1. What is dengue fever? It is a mosquito-borne viral illness which belongs to flavivirus genus. It is usually a self-limiting disease which may manifest as asymptomatic (without any symptoms) to severe dengue. 2. Can dengue fever recur? Dengue fever has got four serotypes DEN 1, DEN 2, DEN 3, an... Read Article
Query: Hello doctor, My father is 84 years old. A few months ago, he was diagnosed with basal-cell carcinoma on the forehead. It was removed by CO2 laser. Three years ago, he had melanoma. It was removed and no longer appeared. His present complaints are an abdominal hernia after surgery, cardiac ischemia,... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. She is often prone to cold and fever during rainy and winter seasons. Our doctor says to improve her immunity through proper diet. We are vegetarians, but I am planning to give her eggs. Lots of people are telling lots of ideas, and I am confused. I need a pr... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now