Immunization Of Measles

When is it safe to give measles vaccine if the child already has chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 9 months old. His measles vaccine is pending and he got chickenpox just 10 days before. Is it safe to give measles vaccine today?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox and measles are similar kind of diseases, categorized as viral infections with a rash. In such a scenario, it is better to give measles vaccine one month after full recovery from chickenpox. It is not a problem to give measles vaccine after a month. Until...  Read Full »

Arm is abscessed after vaccination. What to do?

Query: Dear doctor, My 9 month old daughter had an immunization for measles. It was given on her right arm and the area is abscessed. She is not consuming food properly. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Injection abscess needs to be drained with an antibiotic. You need to consult your nearest pediatrician immediately. If untreated it can lead to complications. Read on what our experts say about injection abscess, its treatment options, and preventions.  Read Full »

Can MMR and varicella vaccines cause autism in my 15-month-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 15-month-old son was vaccinated with measles vaccine at nine months. Now, he will be vaccinated with MMR and varicella on the same day. I am afraid of the adverse side effects of the MMR vaccine. My son is not premature nor underweight. But after birth, the doctor treated my s...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun Kiran Malhotra

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per current recommendations, MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) and Varicella vaccines can be given to your child at 15 months of age at different sites. There is no association of MMR vaccine with autism. The benefits far outweigh any risks. For more infor...  Read Full »

I had measles in childhood. Will I transmit the infection now?

Query: Hi doctor, One of my colleagues was diagnosed with measles. I had measles in my childhood. But my doubt is whether it can spread to my 2 months old granddaughter through me? Will I transmit the infection?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once you are infected with measles, there is no chance of reinfection in you. Antibodies already present in your body will give you lifelong immunity. There will not be any active infection in you. There is no possibility of you infecting others. So, you will not transmit...  Read Full »