Immunocap Test

Immunocap specific IgE testing is a test done to rule out atopy in patients having allergy-like symptoms. It detects specific antigen that binds with allergen-specific IgE antibodies. This test measures allergen-specific IgE (immunoglobulin E) in human serum. It also helps in diagnosing IgE-mediated allergic disorders with other clinical findings. It is also used in diagnosing food allergies.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why am I getting red-spotted rashes in the ear canal?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had ear problems now for a long time. The problems occur when I am outside in the fresh air, even for a short period. As soon as I am outside in fresh air, I get a red-spotted rash in the ear canal that eventually secretes some fluid. After a while, it gets filled with so much fl...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Your problem does appear rare. Can you help me with more details on it? 1. Do you have any prescription papers or photographs of the ear? 2. Does this happen to both ears? 3. Does it occur every time you venture out in fr...  Read Full »

Why do I still have sinus issues even after the surgical opening of my blocked airway?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from sinus issues for a while. I had surgery to open the blocked airways. But my nose is still swollen, my ears are ringing, and I could feel some discomfort in my nose. I do not get much discharge, and my nose does not produce any snot. These symptoms will subside ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello,Welcome to help me know a few more details.1) What surgery was done? Kindly attach a complete discharge summary.2) Kindly attach the report of the allergy prick test. And also, let me know the allergens, including food allergens and aeroallergens like dust mites, various oth...  Read Full »

I have a constant runny nose for three years. How to get cured?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had a constant runny and congested nose since three years. After years of trying anything possible and seeing several doctors, I was finally diagnosed with a severe dust allergy, as well as asthma by last year. At that time I was pregnant, so I could not be prescribed any medicatio...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Allergy and asthma belong to airway hyper-reactive disorders are inter-related. The two are hypersensitivity reactions and are genetically determined. A permanent cure for allergy remained evasive for a long time, but now with the advent of immunotherapy, a tr...  Read Full »

From the last 10 years, I am suffering from allergies. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past 10 years, I am suffering from an allergy. The doctors informed that due to allergy there is an excess histamine produced in my body. My allergic symptoms are nasal congestion, sneezing, anxiety, frequent throat infection, shortness of breath, and some kind of discomfort. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concerns. Having allergy can cause a lot of discomfort in life, affect the quality of life, and result in anxiety and depression eventually. But, you need not worry. We have solutions for allergy. First, let us understand how allergy occurs. Alle...  Read Full »

Why do I always get blocked nose once I come home?

Query: Hi doctor, For around six months, I am suffering with my nose allergy. When I go outside for a drive or something, I am fine without any problem with my nose. But, once I come home from outside, it is difficult for me to break by nose. I get blocked nose sometime one side nose and sometime both side...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to We are happy to help you. Looking at the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and with the description you have given I can understand how agonizing it is for you with these problems. According to my assessment you suffer from allergic rhinitis and c...  Read Full »

I have itching in different parts of my body. Is it some kind of an allergy?

Query: Hello doctor, Since two months, I have been having itching in different parts of my body. But, I had the medicines from two weeks back only. My lab tests results under serology include an IgE at 527.62 kU/L. I have been on these medicines for two weeks, Animus-L one in the night and Softin one in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You seem to have severely elevated IgE levels which are pointing towards an atopy or an allergy. There must have been some offending agents that have caused this reaction. We must find out what has caused the allergy in you. This can be achieved by a comprehensive al...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.