Improper Walking

Please suggest treatment options for knee and foot pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have the following problems while walking. Foot pain in the early morning after walking or after sitting for a long period of time. It was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles and cushion on the socks. Also...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about pain in sole and knee joint. As per your provided information, it is clear that due to improper walking patterns and imbalance in muscles of foot, weight distribution in sole altered and after a long time slowly you developed knee pain...  Read Full »

What causes imbalance in walking?

Query: Hello doctor, Age : 55 years old. Sex : Male. Height: 5.4 feet. Weight : 70 kg. Initial symptoms noticed before two months: 1. Slight imbalance in walking. 2. Unable to walk properly, unable to control the direction of legs. 3. Needed support of wall (sometimes) or a person. 4. Unable to wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that the patient is having neurological problem at multiple levels. 1. Causes for imbalance while walking: - Problem in cerebellum (part of brain), unlikely in this case as the MRI of brain was normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). - W...  Read Full »

CK and ALP test results are attached. What is the name of this disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My 8-year-old nephew is suffering from an unknown disease. We did two tests as suggested by the doctors. The names of the tests are CK and ALP. I am attaching the reports herewith. The doctors suggest that there is no treatment for these diseases. He walks with the help of his toes by...  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The symptoms you described and the CPK (creatine phosphokinase) result indicate a muscular dystrophy. Unfortunately, this does not have any cure as of now. I would stil...  Read Full »

My left arm seems to be raising automatically with some gait problem. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed recently that my left arm seems to be raised automatically. This is also about my waist height. I saw a neurologist three years ago, and everything was fine. I also had a brain MRI in 2018 because I was having problems with gait, sometimes need to put my hand on the wall...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The clumsy hand and gait difficulties could be related to the cervical spine stenosis. Anyway, I would recommend performing a brain MRI and a physical, neurological exam by your neurologist, before coming to this conclusion. I would also recommend stop taking Zolpide...  Read Full »