Q. Is there a dental treatment to rub or cut the upper side of the teeth to reduce their height?

Dr. Rakshana Devi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have two of my lower jaw teeth just beside the front two teeth on either side are slightly inward and higher than the other. Is there a dental treatment to rub or cut the upper side of the teeth to lower the height of the teeth so that they can be made equal to the other teeth?

#

I hope you are well. Thanks for approaching icliniq. I saw your query. I saw the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) attached. The lower front teeth are not increased in height, and it is just displaced from its position lingually. You can try orthodontic braces to correct it. But the chances of success rate are less, or the treatment may take two to three years to complete at your age. Orthodontic treatments are usually done around 18 years. But there are other procedures like intentional root canal treatment and crowns for esthetic purposes, like in your case. But mostly, maxillary teeth are treated for esthetic purposes and not the mandibular teeth. I have suggested the possible procedures. I advise you to take an x-ray and follow me for further queries. I recommend you brush twice daily, use dental floss and mouth wash regularly, and do scaling once. Thank you. Have a nice day.

|