Q. One of my middle tooth is out of line from the rest of the teeth. Should I consult an orthodontist?

Dr. Prerna Jain
Published on May 20, 2017

I just got my braces off a few days ago, and I have been wearing my top retainer faithfully. I got a fixed retainer on the bottom front teeth, but they are only glued on by the two ends, not on each tooth. I noticed recently that one of the middle tooth is out of line from the rest, but it is barely noticeable. Is this natural or should I book an appointment with my orthodontist?

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentistry Orthodontist
#

• As you described the lower retainer is fixed to only two teeth, the other teeth are free to move forward or rotate. It is common in such cases that the teeth do tend to move back to their previous positions.
  • I would recommend you make an appointment with the orthodontist to modify the retainer. This will prevent further relapse of tooth movement correction.

For more information consult an orthodontist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthodontist

I need a second opinion about my orthodontic treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently having Damon braces for almost a year. I have attached a picture. What do you think about my teeth position, especially, my canine? I think it looks weird. What should be done by my dentist to make it look right?  Read Full »

I got my braces removed earlier. Should I get braces again?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I had braces a few years ago. I got them out early because I thought my teeth would have become straight, which I totally regret. I did not get a retainer for teeth. I do not like my teeth whatsoever. Can I get braces again?  Read Full »

I have started to get space between teeth after orthodontic treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had braces on my teeth when I was 15 years old. Now I am 24 and I can see a lot of gaps developing between my teeth. Should I put on braces again or is there any alternative option that I should choose?  Read Full »

Ask an Orthodontist Now