Q. One of my middle tooth is out of line from the rest of the teeth. Should I consult an orthodontist?

Dr. Prerna Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on May 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2021

I just got my braces off a few days ago, and I have been wearing my top retainer faithfully. I got a fixed retainer on the bottom front teeth, but they are only glued on by the two ends, not on each tooth. I noticed recently that one of the middle tooth is out of line from the rest, but it is barely noticeable. Is this natural or should I book an appointment with my orthodontist?

#

• As you described the lower retainer is fixed to only two teeth, the other teeth are free to move forward or rotate. It is common in such cases that the teeth do tend to move back to their previous positions.
  • I would recommend you make an appointment with the orthodontist to modify the retainer. This will prevent further relapse of tooth movement correction.

For more information consult an orthodontist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthodontist

|