Improve Concentration

How to improve concentration in studies?

Query: Hi doctor, My 14 year old son cannot concentrate on studies and struggling in school. He is nervous and shaky, especially in school. He scored 65% overall and 85% in his favorite subjects. He reads a lot of story books. We went to a psychiatrist last year and he said that my son is suffering from a...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Considering his age, there are many possible reasons that could cause similar presentation. You have mentioned that he is performing well in some subjects, but poor in another. So, there is a possibility of a specific learning disorder. But,...  Read Full »

I was abused mentally and physically. What can I do to solve this problem?

Query: Hi doctor, Before four years, I had a dating with a guy. After a year, he kissed another girl, and I saw him. He said to me it was just once and nothing else. I have recently found out that he was involved romantically with her all the time and I have been an option for him. I was abused mentally an...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your relationship problem. I can understand you. It is difficult to manage it, but it is not impossible. You have to move away from that guy. If someone loves you, then that person will be happy, if you progress or achieve something in your life...  Read Full »

How to tackle my concentration problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am doing my second year college. I am unable to concentrate on my studies during the exam. I am very much tensed. I am always overthinking the situations. My parents stay in abroad. I am capable of scoring good marks, but because of my fear I cannot do anything. Is there any way to com...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can. At the start, let me tell you, you are not the only one who is facing this. Many of us go through such phase and come out of it. So, do not worry and think about things that you like to do and give some time to them every day. This will give you a feeling of...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest a diet chart so that I can study properly and stop gaining weight?

Query: Hlw dr. I m a student. I always feel very lazy n whenever i start studying i feel sleepy n get onto bed. My exams are coming n i m unable to control my sleeping. Please help me with some diet chart so that i can study properly n dur to improper diet my weight increased alarmingly.  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq. For your height, you just have to decrease 2-3 kgs. You can avoid on all kinds of junk foods, processed foods, bakery products, sweets, fried stuffs, alcohol and tobacco. Don’t store any kind of junk foods at home . That way you can control eating it. Follow a simple mantra...  Read Full »

Kindly prescribe medication to improve concentration.

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot concentrate because when I study I feel I am not able to memorize. I want any medication maybe for 1 month for concentration. My doctor gave me Bupropion but it is no good for me.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query, I can understand that you are having difficulties related to poor concentration. There can be different reasons for struggling with poor concentration. More information will be needed to clarify the etiology behind poor concentration so that you can ...  Read Full »

Can Cognium syrup be given for improving concentration in depression patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 15-year-old son who was suffering from depression two months ago but is fine now except for having a few weird thoughts. The only issue currently is that he is not studying. He was suggested the following medicines- Cognium syrup and Shine-25 tablets. I plan to give only Cogn...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The Shine 25 mg/d is an anti-depressant. You can start from 1/2 a pill at night (one hour before sleeping), if you do not use it then there will be no anti-depressant effect. The Cognium syrup is brain stimulating syrup, start from 1/2 of the recommended dose on the ...  Read Full »

How can a married woman concentrate on studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, married. My problem is that I am unable to concentrate on studies as I want to appear for exams in the coming year. Every month is getting wasted. Please help me out. I will be very thankful to you as it is a do or die situation for me.  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. I understand that focusing on high-level studies is often difficult. Since you are married, you did not mention your routine activities. Because in order to suggest something it is important to manage your time.Time management is difficult to un...  Read Full »

I have acute anxiety symptoms due to my fear of exams. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have acute anxiety symptoms due to my fear of exams. Currently very underprepared, it is impossible to pass but still my parents are stressing me to give exams even when they know I fear underperformance and not knowing something on an exam. At this stage, I cannot even read words p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fear of exams and fear of poor performance results in anxiety and this anxiety is resulting in distraction which cause poor concentration in exams and poor focus. This further deteriorates the performance and you feel bad due to exams. This is a vicious cycle and you...  Read Full »

My son has concentration problem. What homeopathy medicine can I give him?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 15 years and medium built. He recently has some concentration problem. What homeopathy medicine can I give him? Please suggest the recommended dose. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is essential to understand the cause of a concentration problem. Based on the limited information provided here I can think of a few remedies. If your son has taken too much stress of his studies and due to which he is not able to perform well or unable to concentra...  Read Full »

I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help

Query: Hello doctor, I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Regarding the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I like to comment on the following things. Your vitamin B12 deficiency is corrected. There is excessive vitamin B12 in yo...  Read Full »