HomeAnswersInfertilityin vitro fertilizationI am facing fertility challenges. I have another IVF trail. When will my menses return?

What are the risks of IVF trial?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 1, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 12, 2023

Patient's Query

I am a 28-year-old-lady, trying to conceive for the last two years. Laboratory workup shows normal hormonal levels and HMA 24. Denoting good ovarian reserve. A 3D vaginal ultrasound shows a 1.181 inches chocolate cyst in the right ovary. Hysterosalpingogram shows mild to moderate left hydrosalpinx. CD50/CD16 turned out to be high: 17.8. I had four trials of IVF. All transferred blastocysts failed to implant. I am planning to have my cyst evacuated and my tube lighted. Should I go through Zoladex protocol 3.6 for three consecutive cycles to suppress my ovary before I have another IVF trial? Is it safe? When will my menses return after that treatment? What are the risks? When is the chocolate cyst expected to recur after the suppression and evacuation?

Glad to hear from you.

I am here to answer all your questions.

Let your doctor decide regarding Zoladex (Goserelin) protocol depending on laparoscopy findings and the success of endometriosis clearance. If it is cleared well, two doses of Zoladex followed by in-vitro fertilization (IVF) would suffice. The Zoladex protocol is safe. You need not bother about menses, as IVF will immediately be done after the last injection before menses start and the effect of Zoladex is over. So you can either experience menses in between injections or after IVF cycle if it fails. If IVF is successful, it will result in pregnancy, and you would not get menses. Normally, you are not supposed to wait for the effect of injection to get over before starting IVF. So no question of its recurrence before IVF.

Best wishes!

I am thankful that you have confidence in me to help you.

Please stay safe and healthy. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

default Img
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Infertility

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy