Q. Due to personal problems, I cannot sleep at night and having suicidal thoughts. Please help.

Dr. Ruhi Satija
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 07, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2019

I am experiencing a lot of problems now that I can not sleep at night. It started a month ago, and it starts affecting my daytime routine as well. I am more anxious, and depressed even during the day and I am having a lot of frequent thoughts about suicide, specially at night. I am really scared. I think I really need some medicines to help me. Please help.

#

I am sorry to hear about your problem, but medications cannot be prescribed online.

I can help you with the therapy and counseling which would help you out with the negativity and you can learn coping techniques with me. For medicine, you need to consult a local psychiatrist.

You are showing signs of depression. Has something traumatic happened to you recently? Has your life changed in some way?

You can maintain sleep hygiene, use some relaxation techniques to help you sleep better.

You should start the medication as soon as possible because suicidal thoughts cannot be taken lightly.

I hope we can talk, so I can help you in a better way. You can opt for an online consultation, and we can have a video call where I can understand more about your problem and help you in a better way.

If you cannot start the therapy then, start writing all your thoughts down, it will help you out and make you feel lighter.

You can start cognitive behavioral therapy or psychotherapy to understand your own negative subconscious thought which are making you feel anxious and depressed.

Start doing breathing exercises like bumble bee breath. This will help in anxiety.

|