Q. Due to personal problems, I cannot sleep at night and having suicidal thoughts. Please help.

Dr. Ruhi Satija
Published on Nov 07, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2019

I am experiencing a lot of problems now that I can not sleep at night. It started a month ago, and it starts affecting my daytime routine as well. I am more anxious, and depressed even during the day and I am having a lot of frequent thoughts about suicide, specially at night. I am really scared. I think I really need some medicines to help me. Please help.

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Psychiatry
#

I am sorry to hear about your problem, but medications cannot be prescribed online.

I can help you with the therapy and counseling which would help you out with the negativity and you can learn coping techniques with me. For medicine, you need to consult a local psychiatrist.

You are showing signs of depression. Has something traumatic happened to you recently? Has your life changed in some way?

You can maintain sleep hygiene, use some relaxation techniques to help you sleep better.

You should start the medication as soon as possible because suicidal thoughts cannot be taken lightly.

I hope we can talk, so I can help you in a better way. You can opt for an online consultation, and we can have a video call where I can understand more about your problem and help you in a better way.

If you cannot start the therapy then, start writing all your thoughts down, it will help you out and make you feel lighter.

You can start cognitive behavioral therapy or psychotherapy to understand your own negative subconscious thought which are making you feel anxious and depressed.

Start doing breathing exercises like bumble bee breath. This will help in anxiety.

How to deal with suicidal thought and fear of death while driving?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I am having suicidal thoughts and not able to get into a parking space. I am a new driver, and I am scared that I will die while driving. I also feel like I am low than other people. I am having this problem for a several years. I have OCD, depression, and genera...  Read Full »

Can high triglycerides cause dizziness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male, and my query is related to high BP, light-headedness, and high lipids. Let me first share a background and then I will come to the problem. I am over 6 feet tall, and my weight presently is about 113 kg. I smoke cigarettes regularly, around 6 to 7 every day, fo...  Read Full »

I have pain,extreme fatigue,unsteadiness and muscle twitching.I do not know if all these symptoms are related to one issue or more.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this problem for 8 years with no proper solutions. Please help. Strange sensations, tiredness, feeling of heaviness in the arms and legs. Hands and feet become warm. I have an electrical shock like feeling in face. I have extreme fatigue, unsteadiness and muscle twitching...  Read Full »