I am suffering from abdominal pain for the past few years. My stomach is not clean, and I use my restroom four to six times daily. I feel nervous and have consulted many doctors and took many drugs. But my problem remains the same.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1) Other than the increased frequency of stool, what other symptoms you have? do you have abdominal pain, mucus in stool, nausea or vomiting? What about your appetite?
2) There might be three possibilities for loose stool; either intestinal infection, irritable bowel syndrome (diarrhea type), or inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease).
3) Intestinal infection occurs after the ingestion of unhygienic, uncooked food. Diarrhea improves with treatment as infection resolve.
4) Diarrhea in irritable bowel syndrome occurs due to the intake of a specific food. Avoiding such food might reduce diarrhea.
5) Diarrhea in inflammatory bowel disease contains more mucus than stool and also associated with crampy abdominal pain.
CBC (complete blood count), USG abdomen (ultrasound abdomen), stool routine and culture examination and colonoscopy (if required).Differential diagnosis:
Inflammatory bowel disease,
Irritable bowel syndrome (diarrhea type).Preventive measures:
Take a diet containing less gluten and less starch.Regarding follow up:
Follow up with a gastroenterologist.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hi doctor, I got married before 10 months and since then my lifestyle has changed. As a result of this, I am suffering from increased bowel movement. Over last three months it has become very frequent for almost two to three times a day. Sometimes they are fine but at times stools are like soft porr... Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting diarrhea for five days in a month. Also, I always have loose stool. When I consulted my doctor I came to know that it is irritable bowel syndrome. I would like to get it cured through ayurveda medicine. Please suggest me a treatment. Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 year old male. From the past three weeks, I have nasal congestion, which is not getting cured. I was also suffering from nausea and increased bowel movements. The nausea is cured, but I feel sick from inside. Is there anything serious? In my CBC reports, the neutrophils are 44... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Medical Gastroenterologist Now