Q. I am having abdominal pain and passing stools frequently. What is the cause?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
Published on Oct 12, 2019

I am suffering from abdominal pain for the past few years. My stomach is not clean, and I use my restroom four to six times daily. I feel nervous and have consulted many doctors and took many drugs. But my problem remains the same.

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

1) Other than the increased frequency of stool, what other symptoms you have? do you have abdominal pain, mucus in stool, nausea or vomiting? What about your appetite?

2) There might be three possibilities for loose stool; either intestinal infection, irritable bowel syndrome (diarrhea type), or inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease).

3) Intestinal infection occurs after the ingestion of unhygienic, uncooked food. Diarrhea improves with treatment as infection resolve.

4) Diarrhea in irritable bowel syndrome occurs due to the intake of a specific food. Avoiding such food might reduce diarrhea.

5) Diarrhea in inflammatory bowel disease contains more mucus than stool and also associated with crampy abdominal pain.

CBC (complete blood count), USG abdomen (ultrasound abdomen), stool routine and culture examination and colonoscopy (if required).

Inflammatory bowel disease,
Intestinal infection.

Irritable bowel syndrome (diarrhea type).

Take a diet containing less gluten and less starch.

Follow up with a gastroenterologist.

Can bowel movements get disturbed after marriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married before 10 months and since then my lifestyle has changed. As a result of this, I am suffering from increased bowel movement. Over last three months it has become very frequent for almost two to three times a day. Sometimes they are fine but at times stools are like soft porr...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you need not have to worry as everything is going to be fine, if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have gone through your case thoroughly and can understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full

Please suggest some ayurveda medicine for IBS.

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting diarrhea for five days in a month. Also, I always have loose stool. When I consulted my doctor I came to know that it is irritable bowel syndrome. I would like to get it cured through ayurveda medicine. Please suggest me a treatment.  Read Full >>

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) has become a common problem nowadays. The main reason for IBS is outside food. A chronic infection caused due to unhygienic food results in IBS. Avoid outside food completely for six months and include two cups of buttermilk in your dail...  Read Full

I have chronic nasal congestion, and my lymphocyte count is high. Will you Suggest any solutions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 year old male. From the past three weeks, I have nasal congestion, which is not getting cured. I was also suffering from nausea and increased bowel movements. The nausea is cured, but I feel sick from inside. Is there anything serious? In my CBC reports, the neutrophils are 44...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the medication that you are taking. According to your CBC report, you have high lymphocytes count. It is suggestive of a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract. I suggest you do the following investigations. Rhinoscopy nose examinatio...  Read Full