Q. Kindly clarify if I am suffering from any cancer or liver disease.

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am an 18 year old male. For the last three weeks, I have been having the urge to poop. But, only mucus would come out. I have had blood tests and stool samples taken and everything was normal except the following. I had a high lymphocyte count of 3.3, high bilirubin count of 1.6 and low vitamin D of 18.7. I am just scared that I have a type of colorectal cancer or something wrong with my liver. Please clarify my condition.

#

• The symptoms of colon cancer are blood in stool, altered bowel habit that is intermittent constipation and diarrhea, mild and occasional abdominal pain (depending on the site of the cancer), decrease appetite and weight loss.
  • Mucus in stool either indicates inflammatory bowel disease or infection (enteritis).
  • Does your stool frequency increase?
  • Spread of colon cancer to liver occur at the very last stage (in stage-4 disease), which cannot be interpreted by bilirubin level. CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen) is more accurate for colon cancer.
  • Probability of colon cancer at age of 18 is extremely rare unless you have a family history of colon cancer in any of your first-degree relative.

Infection.

Stool routine and culture examination.

Inflammatory bowel disease.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|