Q. Why am I facing bowel problem whenever I go to my native?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2020

I am a 21 year old male. I came to my native recently for my holidays. I have an issue of frequent bowel movements of around six times a day. But, it is normal and not loose. I also feel some irritation and heat during bowel movement. Also, this is the second episode. First time I got this too when I came to my home town. Otherwise, in my work place I am good. Is this due to food?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

#

• The problem that you are facing occurs only during your stay at home town means it is either due to some infection or change in food type. Sometimes, entameba infection can cause this.
  • Otherwise, milk allergy can also lead to a similar kind of symptoms. So, make a note whether you develop such symptoms after having milk. If so, then change type of milk.
  • Cow milk is lighter and a preferred one. Avoid red chillies.
  • My advice is to have lemon with lukewarm water in the morning daily.
  • If the above does not help, then I suggest tablet Metrogyl 400 mg (Metronidazole) twice a day for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Revert back after five days to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 
hi doctor....the problem i had has not completely solved.......I'm facing multiple bowel movements issue....i feel my morning bowel movement as incomplete....immediately after sometime...again i m getting bowel movement ...and then after having breakfast or tea...I'm getting the same problem....finally i hav 3 bowel movements per day...pl help me out...

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

# did you take metrogyl course ? and if its still persisting then u got to take tablet normaxin twice a day to regularise bowel movements.
have gud amount of roughage in the evening which will add bulk to the stool.
you can try having ispaghula husk at night.
see it's not a disease but a lifestyle issue .
try morning walk or jogging, anything which brings back your routine will b helpful rather then medicines

|